Author Topic: TED Talks  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Zig

• Whetstone +
  • B&B Member #78
    • ZigOutdoors Videos
TED Talks
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »
Is anyone as addicted to TED Talks as I am? Some of them are just plain boring?mostly the TEDMed ones for me, sorry doctors I just don't know the jargon. That said, most of them are incredibly interesting. I love to learn, that's one of the reasons I love bushcraft, but bushcraft is a relatively narrow field in the grand scheme of things. TED is so wide and sometimes so wild you just never know what to expect!

Check it out if you want. Just scroll through the list and pick one that sounds good to you. Here's the link:

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
Re: TED Talks
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »
Never heard of it before until you showed us. It looks very interesting and I will have to watch a few and get back to you. Thanks for the info and link.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 11:53:20 PM »
I watched one awhile ago with the guy who wrote The 4 Hour Work Week or whatever.

Spoiler: The book is a lie.
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline Frugal Bohemian

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:05:02 AM »
Thanks for the link, Zig.  I've watched a few of them over the years, but I never really thought to make them regular viewing material.  I like that they're usually fairly brief, present a really wide range of topics, and I always learn something from them.  I may not always agree with the lecturer, but it at least lets me see other people's perspective.

There's interesting (often funny) lectures on just about any topic you can think of.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you..."
- Abraham Jay-Jedediah "Abe" Simpson