Author Topic: Flexcut Carving Jack.  (Read 4275 times)

Offline trentu

• Whetstone +
Flexcut Carving Jack.
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:46:37 AM »
Anybody have one of these 6 bladed folding carving tools. Seems pretty handy but I wonder how strong they lock open and hold an edge. They are a bit pricey.
Act or be Acted Upon!

Offline Kep

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Whetstone +
    • Kepis Bushcraft
Re: Flexcut Carving Jack.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:17:03 AM »
Ive had one for a long time and use it all the time, sure it's expensive, but it's also a much loved tool, rather than copy it all out again, here's a link to an entry i made about it on my blog back in Jan 2011 http://kepisbushcraft.blogspot.com/2011/01/flexcut-carvin-jack.html

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »
Thanks again Kep for the review. I saw this last year after you posted it. I'm still wanting this one, eventually I'll get it.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »
Good review, thanks
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »
Yeah  that is one thing big on my list to get would love to have a small tool kit like that
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »
That's pretty cool!
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline trentu

• Whetstone +
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
Ive had one for a long time and use it all the time, sure it's expensive, but it's also a much loved tool, rather than copy it all out again, here's a link to an entry i made about it on my blog back in Jan 2011 http://kepisbushcraft.blogspot.com/2011/01/flexcut-carvin-jack.html

Great review!. Good enough for me. I'm ordering one. Wish I would have seen them sooner. Too bad the sheath sucks.
Act or be Acted Upon!

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »
Just looked them up on Amazon. They are a little pricey, but it sure is neat to have all those tools in one package. I think I'd be inclined to get one of the X-Acto carving kits for around the house. But if you wanted to carve in camp that knife would be really handy.

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »
Just looked them up on Amazon. They are a little pricey, but it sure is neat to have all those tools in one package. I think I'd be inclined to get one of the X-Acto carving kits for around the house. But if you wanted to carve in camp that knife would be really handy.
[/b]

That's really  what I liked about the idea sure it ain't cheap but ya  do  get  everything in a compact package. all your tools literally in your pocket :)
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline Kep

• Whetstone +
    • Kepis Bushcraft
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 11:28:24 AM »
But if you wanted to carve in camp that knife would be really handy.

Exactly what i will be doing with it this weekend, ruck sack is packed, sleeping bag, tipi, cook set and carving kit - check - just need the morning to come so i can be on my way.

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »
But if you wanted to carve in camp that knife would be really handy.

Exactly what i will be doing with it this weekend, ruck sack is packed, sleeping bag, tipi, cook set and carving kit - check - just need the morning to come so i can be on my way.

You said a magic word, "tipi". Can we see?
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline Kep

• Whetstone +
    • Kepis Bushcraft
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »

You said a magic word, "tipi". Can we see?

Tis only a Go-Lite Hex 3, will get some pics up in another thread