Author Topic: Storm  (Read 2569 times)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Storm
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
Ok.. WHO told Mother Nature that Minnesota NEEDS more snow?  I was liking this winter.. really.. two inches of snow was just fine for me.    But noooooooo....   we are to get a whole winters worth of snow dumping starting tomorrow.  Blizzard Warning..  up to 18" of snow...  with high winds..   blah blah blah...

I may as well put my gardening catalogs away... and haul out my longjohns again. 

On a serious note..   It looks like the south end of this storm can kick up some very nasty weather for you Southeners...      Everyone please be careful this week as this  mean ol' monster works its way through.  Northeners... stay warm , drive careful.

I'm all set to get snowed in.   Snowblowerman knows we are set too.. so he doesnt have to blow us open for a few days.

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline rogumpogum

• Water Stone
  • I like pickles.
Re: Storm
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »
Honestly, I'd like to see 18" of snow. This has been the winter that wasn't here and it's got me all mixed up.
"My common sense is tingling..."

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
Ok Rog.. its all yours.. where do you live.. I'll 'overnight express' it your way...       I'm beginning to think I'm one of OP's cryptic critters.. I dont belong in minnesota.. I'm displaced...    or should be..

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »
Honestly, I'd like to see 18" of snow. This has been the winter that wasn't here and it's got me all mixed up.

I'll second that. Winter is my favorite season by far. Sorry WW. Don't you do any ice fishing there? Snowshoeing? Winter camping is the best.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »
Normally we do.. But hubby's health went down last summer.  He's grounded to the house this winter.   I've just been spoiled on not having to take the fourwheeler out to check on the mile long driveway to see if its drifted shut.    Or if that wont start.. walking to the hill in the driveway to see what I can see for drifts.

Fishhouses have to be off the lakes this weekend.. so the season is just about over.   

Winter camping.. I'm not quite ready for that yet.    I'll grill out there in the snowbanks..but thats about it.

WW.

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »
I hope it goes easy on you.  We've all had a pretty easy winter....it's getting kinda late to be hit hard now.

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »

Nah I'll pass on that to. I like the winter just  fine here : DLOL

Be safe  all
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:16 PM »
I'd have to say that at this point in the game I would prefer to not see any snow or minimal snow at best, purely for my own selfishness( sp ) ...lol...I've kinda enjoyed no shovelling and decent traffic conditions for my 2hr rnd trip commute each day.

But I do enjoy a good storm, soooo if its gonna come down then come down big time!
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
No snow here yet.    I did look at next weeks temps and they are going to be in the 40's and maybe even 50's.  So thats comforting.. this snow wont stay long.  :)

I see theres alot of area forcasting icy conditions.. ugh.. I'd rather have the snow then ice any day. 

WW.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »
You won't be lonely in your snowbank, WW.
A friend of mine is retiring to Wyoming from W. Washington. Their first van load was supposed to be the end of this week. With 20" of snow forecast for the Idaho Panhandle, they had to postpone the trip a full day.
Personally, I'm doing just fine not having to clear the snow off my roof this winter...so far.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
This waiting is like waiting for someone to have a baby or something... lol

We've all been calling each othere.. " Is it snowing by you yet?". 

My brother in NW Iowa.. said he's getting thunderstorms and very heavy rain.
My brother in law drives from western mn to the cities for work, is on his way home...
Schools are cancelling all over the place so neice and nephew are heading home.
My mother is antsy and has been calling everyone...

Me..  we had to run to town one more time because we forgot to fill a prescription yesterday.  I parked the car so the snowblower can get by it and snowblower man can pull me out head first if need be.    I really dont think he will need to blow us out.. but that will be up to him since he does alot of farms around here.    THeres 4 inches more predicted on friday.

No snow yet...  *tapping fingers*

OP.  We moved from Western Washington (Bellingham area) to Minnesota in the dead of winter back in 78.   Right in the middle of that big blizzard.   One U haul and mom in station wagon pulling a trailer.     She will say to this day she was never so scared as that trip across those states in that Blizzard.  Cars and Trucks in ditches.   Once a trucker figured out mom couldnt get in touch with dad in the U-haul via CB.. he hung close to us across the states and did CB relay work for them.   His handle was, Fisherofmen.   

WW.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 04:33:22 PM »
.... Once a trucker figured out mom couldnt get in touch with dad in the U-haul via CB.. he hung close to us across the states and did CB relay work for them.   His handle was, Fisherofmen.  

WW.
How appropriate!  ;D

If you go here, you can watch the progress from the comfort of your living room.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USMN0657&animate=true
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.