Author Topic: Distilled water?  (Read 3904 times)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: Distilled water?
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »
So the conversation between Colonol Jack Ripper and Group Captain Lionel Mandrake has some validity and appears to be spot on, I guess! :lol:

Ripper: Mandrake?
Mandrake: Yes, Jack?
Ripper: Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?
Mandrake: Well, I can't say I have, Jack.
Ripper: Vodka, that's what they drink, isn't it? Never water?
Mandrake: Well, I-I believe that's what they drink, Jack, yes.
Ripper: On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.
Mandrake: Oh, eh, yes. I, uhm, can't quite see what you're getting at, Jack.
Ripper: Water, that's what I'm getting at, water. Mandrake, water is the source of all life. Seven-tenths of this Earth's surface is water. Why, do you realize that 70 percent of you is water?
Mandrake: Good Lord!
Ripper: And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids.
Mandrake: Yes. (he begins to chuckle nervously)
Ripper: Are you beginning to understand?
Mandrake: Yes. (more laughter)
Ripper: Mandrake. Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol?
Mandrake: Well, it did occur to me, Jack, yes.
Ripper: Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?
Mandrake: Uh? Yes, I-I have heard of that, Jack, yes. Yes.
Ripper: Well, do you know what it is?
Mandrake: No, no I don't know what it is, no.
Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »
Once again, someone trying to warn the public under the guise of entertainment.

Wolfy, look up fluoride and it's effects. Especially how it was used in Nazi concentration camps. Then ask yourself why the push to put it in drinking water supplies, Nation-wide, under the pretext of better dental health.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2018, 12:20:19 PM »
Yeah, I knew that. 8)
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »
I was a victim?  Do I get compensation for my bad teeth?  Who do I see?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Homesteader

• Mill File+
  • Homesteading in Virginia
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »
I drink my well water unfiltered only because it hasn't killed me yet. When it does I'll probably stop doing that.

Being out in the brush I would never rely on just one purification method. I filter, boil or chlorinate - using two of those methods I have available.  I like chlorine because an eyedropper full will treat gallons of water with zero effort on my part. I don't mind working but I like to do it with as little effort as possible.

I've worked at many municipal water treatment plants and I can assure you they do as little as possible to treat your drinking water. One small town supply I did work at pumped water from an open abandoned quarry (spring fed), added a bit of chlorine then it was gravity fed from there to the town.  But that's not the gross part... In older municipalities their water mains could be the originals from over 100 years ago or more. The gunk in these pipes would make you sick just from the smell alone.

Believe me when I say chlorine is your friend.
We are not to expect to be translated from despotism to liberty in a featherbed.   - THOMAS JEFFERSON

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »
Of all the crap I've ingested into my system, tap water is low on the "oh " scale.

That said,  I just got back home from out cabin in western NC where we drink spring water exclusively.  It comes out of a pipe that has been there for ages at the Cold Springs Baptist Church.  Man that's good water. It takes me a few weeks to stomach tap water.  And we have some good stuff.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2018, 12:13:06 PM »
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.