Author Topic: Kracks at Ocala NF  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
Kracks at Ocala NF
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:57:31 PM »
well,  two of us and Mad Max the wonder Heeler.  Just an over nighter.  Cold though, for Florida near the end of March.  Low thirties.  Nice fire,  good conversation, and all was good with the world.
It is a beautiful place,  the Ocala NF.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: Kracks at Ocala NF
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »
Who's the fat guy next to you Sam?   oh... me.

Sam drove into the Lost World on this trip.  No chance of anyone stumbling into that camp.  Beautiful
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Online Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »
Glad you guys got out.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 05:55:32 PM »
Sounds like a great trip.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 06:26:57 PM »
neat, thanks for posting
Nice matters

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 01:04:22 PM »
Found my camera!  More pics!

Sam setting up tent.

My camping technique is a little different from the Pot and Machete days.  LOL.  Hey,  that mattress is comfy.

Getting the firewood collected.

Sam on break.  We took many of these.   lol

Wood processing was all Sam.

A little hike.

Max trying to get his "nest" just right.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 01:15:19 PM »
Looked fun guys!  It's easier for me to sleep in the cold than the heat so I like the spring and fall trips the best.  Glad you two got out for a bit  :thumbsup:
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
What is max laying in?  Old fire ashes is what it looks like. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
A VERY comfortable camp in an idyllic setting with perfect weather......what's not to like? :shrug:

Those air beds are head & shoulders above my old Thermarest.  They make all the difference for me anymore.....at least I'm able to stagger to my feet in the mornings, now. ;D
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 04:44:14 AM »
What is max laying in?  Old fire ashes is what it looks like.

That's good ole Ocala Nat. Forest sand.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 04:47:47 AM »
A VERY comfortable camp in an idyllic setting with perfect weather......what's not to like? :shrug:

Those air beds are head & shoulders above my old Thermarest.  They make all the difference for me anymore.....at least I'm able to stagger to my feet in the mornings, now. ;D

Sam has a Super Duper High Tech one.  I have the Wallyworld special.  I won't get spendy on an air mattress with a dog with badger claws.  LOL.  Our first "Thermarests" were bought for a 3 week trip down the G.C.  They were plush for us at the time.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »
Boys oh boys, Florida camping looks some attractive at this time of year.
"Learning: a continuation of the failure process"

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 05:05:50 PM »
I love that dog. She just has a cool factor all her own.

Is that the Ozark Trail tent? It looks bigger than on the box. I like the double layer aspect for use without the rain fly.

I still have some snow in the woods and it's way flooded. Tonight we got a good dusting of the crap with the 60-65 MPH winds...
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »
Yeah, it's an OT tent.  I got it new for a steal.  It has survived several nighttime thunder storms.

Max is the best dog I have ever had.  If it weren't for leash laws,  he'd never have a leash on.  I have never leashed him in the woods from day 1.  Velcro dog.
Hunter S, Thompson