Author Topic: XXX SCOUTS OF AMERICA  (Read 3398 times)

Online Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
Re: XXX SCOUTS OF AMERICA
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2018, 05:11:40 PM »
Federal and state law are what defines a protected class. you might argue that, but it would be an effort to find evidence of such being upheld

Sex, race, religion, sexual orientation are some of the protected classes. Just having those things as elements of your being is not an argument for everyone being part of a protected class. For instance if you are Male, Caucasian (white, European) Christian, Heterosexual/ that's what the others need protecting from....

Ain't it?

Bull.

So I am a bad guy because of my skin color, religion and sexual orientation.

To me? No, you are not the bad guy. However, you are the only group n history ( as far as I know) expected to voluntarily give up any power it s thought to hold. I say it that way because you may or may not think you have "power" but that is the view - the white male has had all the advantages and opportunities and now should step aside
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »
Federal and state law are what defines a protected class. you might argue that, but it would be an effort to find evidence of such being upheld

Sex, race, religion, sexual orientation are some of the protected classes. Just having those things as elements of your being is not an argument for everyone being part of a protected class. For instance if you are Male, Caucasian (white, European) Christian, Heterosexual/ that's what the others need protecting from....

Ain't it?

Bull.

It is complete bull.

And Unknown.  Calling me names is against the rules.  Watch the trolling.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
I don't think you read what Max wrote.  What he said was true and what you replied, Unknown, was both stupid and wrong.

I did. He said I was writing about race, which is only a part of civil rights. What I said in every post in this thread is 100% correct.

Your reading comprehension skills are defective.  What he said is that this thread has taken some strange turns and that is correct.  As usual, your posts are nonsense.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Online Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
I don't think you read what Max wrote.  What he said was true and what you replied, Unknown, was both stupid and wrong.

I did. He said I was writing about race, which is only a part of civil rights. What I said in every post in this thread is 100% correct.
[/quote
Your reading comprehension skills are defective.  What he said is that this thread has taken some strange turns and that is correct.  As usual, your posts are nonsense.
he offered an opinion ( strange turns) and listed those to include "race" after I had posted. I believe I am correct to assume he was referring to my post . So nothing wrong with mu reading ability Stan. Why do I even have to explain it to you?

Why are those even "strange turns" for this thread? Homosexuals allowed in Scouts was a controversial decision. It was brought up on page one iirc. And of course civil rights laws were / are at the forefront of such changes. Duh?
                                                  -Unknown

Online Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »

Ain't it?

Bull.

It is complete bull.

And Unknown.  Calling me names is against the rules.  Watch the trolling.

The only one calling you names is you Max - do I need to give the post number. Me saying that imo your views are liberal is not really name calling so please stop trolling me
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »
  Shakes head, holding forehead, muttering WTF.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Online Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »
Moe , you know I'd much rather be discussing ideas than going through this back and forth. Yes, I should have just ignored most of it.  I have thumbed a number of replies while Phaedrus was going strong, but each time I backed out waiting to see what would come of it. Can you imagine my disappointment when not one counter argument was proffered? I think I read most of yours, but the language was so soft I didn't think it held much sway.

For instance you kept referring to some nebulous notion of "faith". I understand why you use such vaugue terminology - do you?  Do you understand that as such, it becomes a meaningless term? My younger sister considers herself to be a person of faith. She is a deacon in her church, a "red letter Christian" ( her words), one who would say: Hillary did nothing wrong. A fledged, with full flight feathers coo-coo bird progressive liberal. She has lots of homosexual friends and think they are really cool. I got kinda mad at her one time, when we were trying to discuss our differences. She doesn't actually want to be privy to the gory details of her friends interactions, the disturbing stories of how they arrived at their set of preferences. Nope, she is content with the entertainment of grown men speaking and acting like- if not little girls, then young teenage females. I'm trying to be polite and not say toooo much gross stuff.

Continued centrist soft talk will doom " our posterity" to a feeble existence of needless suffering. When you speak in that way- who is it you hope not to offend? In one post you called yours of "mainstream"  Is that it? Have you waded into the main stream lately? I reckon you are better than that old buddy.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:20:25 PM by Unknown »
                                                  -Unknown

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2018, 08:49:10 PM »
I think this discussion has taken a wrong turn. And, I think everyone is pretty solid on where everyone else stands on the issues being discussed, and nobody's mind is going to change.