Author Topic: HUCK & JIM'S DREAM RAFT  (Read 347 times)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
HUCK & JIM'S DREAM RAFT
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:48:23 AM »
Huckleberry Finn and his friend Jim would have LOVED this thing.....

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/outdoors/watersports/raptor-platform-xl-fishing-boat.asp
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: HUCK & JIM'S DREAM RAFT
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
Do they even print that book nowadays?  I can see some PC problems there.  Huck Finn was my alter ego growing up.

One time up in northern MN we ran across a vintage inflatable raft and blew it up, dragged it to a pond and set sail.  We caught a buncha bass.  We all of the sudden noticed our feet were wet.  The sides were getting squishy too.  We were on the other side of the pond and sinking faster and faster.  We decided to hug the shore and not risk sinking in the middle.  Then a moose came up with weeds on it's antlers like a haunted submarine.  We paddled and paddled and sank.  After a LONG swim we made it to the put in.  That raft is probably there under a couple feet of weeds and muck.

Good memories.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 04:51:43 PM »
That is a little bit fancier than the Army Surplus one we had.  I loaned it to some guys to go fishing on the Gunnison River in Colorado.  Last time they saw it it was going down the rapids towards the Colorado River. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 05:23:13 PM »
I paddled the Black Canyon of the Gunnison when I was young and stupid (kayak).  Mandatory portage and self contained 2 day trip.  I was totally gripped the whole time.  I couldn't figure out how to tie my kayak down at the end.  Shaking and brain dead.  Big fat poison ivy on the portage.  I'll never go back.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 06:10:42 PM »
You need to bring your kayak to NEBRASKA, Tony.....we have more miles of rivers than any state in the U.S. :canoe:    If you can't bring your 'yak, you can rent one of our cow tanks! :banana: :lol:

http://www.sandhillrivertrips.com/
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »
I spent way too long browsing, and clicking to browse other pages. Cool stuff for sure. did ya see the v8 wave runner thing?
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 05:14:23 AM »
LOL.  Wolfy I think I've aged...er...grown into adventures like a horse trough floats now. Maybe I'll sell all my kayaks and buy an oar rig.  There are a lot more miles of suitable flat water river than whitewater.  I really don't know much about Nebraska at all.  Maybe I can change that in the future.
Hunter S, Thompson