Author Topic: Friends  (Read 197 times)

Offline dumbass

• Mill File+
Friends
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:26:04 AM »
We gave a key to our gate to our neighbor down the road up here so he could ride his 4 wheeler up and check on the place now and then.  He's not really local but has roots in the country way.  We arrived to a well oiled lock on the gate, a well maintained road (Albeit primitive),  blow downs cut and cleared off the road, and a pile of fire wood so we could have a fire the first few days until we got settled.

There's nothing really I can do to repay him.  He doesn't need or accept money.  He's getting a bottle of Captain Morgans whether he wants to or not.

Another friend is bringing me some loaner whitewater gear because we didn't have room for mine this trip.  He's also taking me float fishing for trout a few times this summer because I can't stand still very long (back).  I didn't ask.  He just is going to do it

Sam is going to try and catch us sometime this summer up here.  Crash and Mrs Crash are joining the retired crew soon and wants to come by then.  When I get back home and it cools down a bit it's always easy to find a Kracaneuner wanting to camp.

We woke up to the chirping, tweeting, and cawing of birds predawn this morning.  We drank coffee on the front porch and shot at leaves with the Daisy Red Ryder BB gun (you'll shoot your eye out) when the sun came up.  Noticed that we didn't close the door last night.  Remarked at the silence of the forest last night.  No cars, no sirens, no nothing. 

What did I do to deserve this life?

huh?

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
Re: Friends
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:30:59 PM »
Friends and close family are all there is needed for a rewarding and enjoyable life.
Nice matters

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 01:11:54 PM »
Karma work both ways. The things you have done in life earned you this. Respect and friendship of others, Enjoyment of the simple things, and appreciating the little blessings that come along; That's what rich is.

We've seen too much lately how all the money in the world doesn't keep a person happy or satisfied in life.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Glad you an Kelly are enjoying your peace an quite. you've earned it.
I'll be heading out to glacier park then to yellowstone this july for two weeks, to spend with the oldest daughter and grandkids camping, hiking, fishing, rafting, horseback riding, and what ever we can do. Still want to hook up with you one of these trips when I'm on the Tenn. side.
Have fun an enjoy buddy.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline dumbass

• Mill File+
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »
Graylon,  we wish you safe journeys.  Godspeed.
huh?

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
tony  ihope you and the mrs, have a great time
as wll as all the other members on the road,

Offline dumbass

• Mill File+
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 05:03:50 AM »
Thanks Mikey.