Author Topic: Black Mountain  (Read 757 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Black Mountain
« on: August 01, 2016, 03:36:56 PM »
Saturday July 30th 2016
#4 in my peak a week series

Thanks for your indulgence...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
Re: Black Mountain
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:54:24 PM »
Magnificent, Woods! Makes me homesick.
I guess he'd rather be in Colorado.
-John Denver

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:58:11 PM »
Great trip Woods.  Like QC it reminds me of my days in Colorado on the high mountains.  Grays, Torreys, Evans, Bierstadt and a host of others.

Those burned trees can easily last over a 125 years.  Some of the photos from Custer's 1874 Black Hills trek show burned trees that are still standing today. 

Any fish in that lake?  Any Pikas live in those rock and scree fields towards the top?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 08:51:33 PM »
Magnificent, Woods! Makes me homesick.
Thanks Quenchcrack...sorry it made you i'll...lmao :rofl:...thanks for taking the time!!! :cheers:

Great trip Woods.  Like QC it reminds me of my days in Colorado on the high mountains.  Grays, Torreys, Evans, Bierstadt and a host of others.

Those burned trees can easily last over a 125 years.  Some of the photos from Custer's 1874 Black Hills trek show burned trees that are still standing today. 

Any fish in that lake?  Any Pikas live in those rock and scree fields towards the top?

Stan, sounds like you guys both need to get on back here for a spell and take in some rocky mountain air again!!!
There were pikas and marmots everywhere, all kinds of cut throat in the lake :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:...atb :cheers:...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!