Author Topic: making your own co-silver  (Read 483 times)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
making your own co-silver
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:17:03 PM »
there are many uses for co-silver too many for two finger typing,lol
but yes i do make my own. i use the 3-9v batt setup.  and have a heavy solids tester
to get an accurite reading on ppm. i use pure silver rods and non mineralized water.
one thing i've found is that with each batch 1'qt, the ppm go down after testing.
i've taken readings that range from 25'ppm to 5ppm.

given we live in a day of superbugs and questionable antibiotics, silver is a good choice
for many things, you dont require a px or doctor vist,
i believe a time is near upon us where we will have todo many tasks of a medical nature ourselves.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Re: making your own co-silver
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 10:16:17 AM »
I've heard it's not so good when you're feeling blue.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »
  :lol::thumbsup: :hail:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 10:42:04 AM »
I carried a tube of Co-Silver in my carry bag when I was travelling the world,  I would wipe a smidgen inside each nostril before I boarded the plane.  I was told it would minimize the effects of breathing air poluted by sick travellers coughing up a lung every 3 minutes.  I believe it helped.
I guess he'd rather be in Colorado.
-John Denver

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:48:46 AM »
I've heard it's not so good when you're feeling blue.

Like everything else, too much of a good thing ain't always a good thing, either. :shocked:
-A free caveat in memory of The Blue Man

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:05:20 AM by wolfy »
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:18:25 PM »
  My youngest son swears by colloidal Silver as a cure all for everything from kidney stones to warding off colds,  I did some on line research to find out if the stuff really works.
  I tried to keep an open mind,  after all we've known for a while that some natural materials do contain medicinal properties that are beneficial to our health,  Honey, Chaga, and Mulien leaves contain anti oxidants as well as other medicinal benefits,  why not Silver.
  What I found was that there is a huge pro colloidal silver lobby on social media made up of manufacturers, retailers, and folks that trust in it who attest to the fact that Colloidal Silver is a natural wonder drug that is perfectly safe to take internally,  and that if used on a regular basis as a food supplement will indeed make you a healthier person,  sounds great doesn't it.
  But then when you read the other half of the story you find that the F&D administration, the AMA, and entities such as John Hopkins university of Medicine and other big names in the medical field tell a much different story,  the run the gambit from "the stuff can kill you" to "the risk is not worth the reward",  OK, well,  I've tried to get my kid to read the negative opinions about ingesting silver,  what I get from him is the theory that most of the medical field is against silver because it threatens their profits from the sale of regular drugs approved by the medical industry.
  Personally,  I'm not a big conspiracy theory type of guy,  so I'm more inclined to trust the medical "experts" than the word of manufacturers and retailers who are trying to push the stuff,  much like the wonder drugs advertised on TV that promise to make you thin,  make your hair grow back, make you more viral,  and extend the length of your package,  I've yet to meet anyone I know say that those potions have worked for them.
  Just saying.   
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 04:18:04 AM »
Silver does inhibit the growth of bacteria on surfaces.  That is why silver was used for eating utensiles, communion cups, etc.  However, your body is composed of lots of good bacteria and indiscrimnate consumption of silver may kill off the good stuff to your detriment.
-John Denver

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
Silver does inhibit the growth of bacteria on surfaces.  That is why silver was used for eating utensiles, communion cups, etc.  However, your body is composed of lots of good bacteria and indiscrimnate consumption of silver may kill off the good stuff to your detriment.

Thanks QC,  I think that was the meaning behind the article in the John Hopkins review posing the question about the Risk vs. Reward of using Co-Silver as a medicinal aid.
  I also noticed in the material that I read that there's still a big question mark as to whether silver is considered to be a heavy metal or not,  by some industry standards it is and should be treated in the same way lead and mercury is,  although most seem to agree that silver is not as toxic,  but others argue that because the particles of silver that are mixed with the liquid carrier are so small that they are not dangerous when ingested.
  For me the point is that there doesn't appear to be much in the way of actual take to the bank evidence that it is either good for you or really bad for you,  not much to base a judgment on as whether to take the stuff or not.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »
  My youngest son swears by colloidal Silver as a cure all for everything from kidney stones to warding off colds,  I did some on line research to find out if the stuff really works.
  I tried to keep an open mind,  after all we've known for a while that some natural materials do contain medicinal properties that are beneficial to our health,  Honey, Chaga, and Mulien leaves contain anti oxidants as well as other medicinal benefits,  why not Silver.
  What I found was that there is a huge pro colloidal silver lobby on social media made up of manufacturers, retailers, and folks that trust in it who attest to the fact that Colloidal Silver is a natural wonder drug that is perfectly safe to take internally,  and that if used on a regular basis as a food supplement will indeed make you a healthier person,  sounds great doesn't it.
  But then when you read the other half of the story you find that the F&D administration, the AMA, and entities such as John Hopkins university of Medicine and other big names in the medical field tell a much different story,  the run the gambit from "the stuff can kill you" to "the risk is not worth the reward",  OK, well,  I've tried to get my kid to read the negative opinions about ingesting silver,  what I get from him is the theory that most of the medical field is against silver because it threatens their profits from the sale of regular drugs approved by the medical industry.
  Personally,  I'm not a big conspiracy theory type of guy,  so I'm more inclined to trust the medical "experts" than the word of manufacturers and retailers who are trying to push the stuff,  much like the wonder drugs advertised on TV that promise to make you thin,  make your hair grow back, make you more viral,  and extend the length of your package,  I've yet to meet anyone I know say that those potions have worked for them.
  Just saying.

I don't believe in it.......but then again I don't believe in a lot of things.
Friend swears by it....But then again he swears by drinking birch tea...to ward of getting struck by lightning???(he has twice)

The killer for me is that is seems to vigorously promoted  and or defended (???)......to the point of being overly done.

It some thing works....people seem to know it....and not have to be sold.

Y'all can use it if you want....but I don't see a way where it can be proved it works or not.

Probably shouldn't even comment as I'm not changing my opinion.....so there is really no reason to discuss it.

Never Mind.
Geezer Squad, Evoking the 50 year old rule..First 50 years, worried about the small stuff, second 50 years....Not so much

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »
Many years ago, the fad was Pyramid Power.  I saw ads that promoted the use of little wire Pyramids, under which you placed things like golf balls (fly farther), razor blades (last longer), batteries (last longer) etc.  An international manufacturer of oilfield equipment actually sponsored research into the phenomenon.  Eventually people finally realized it was a total scam.  The promises were all relative (farther than what?  Longer than what?)  and could neither be proven nor disproven.  As a skeptical engineer, I have little faith in Doctors, Lawyers and Politicians but even less faith in my own powers to heal myself, defend myself in court, or take money from the public with a straight face for doing nothing.
-John Denver