Author Topic: 18th Century Small Game Hanger  (Read 4239 times)

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
18th Century Small Game Hanger
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:30:28 PM »
As seen in this month's Muzzleloader MAg's  DIY section. Also seen in Madison's "Kentucky Hunting Pouches" Book

Home made chain links. The round stock is coat hanger wire cold blued.

Sharpened end, pokes through the animal. The square stock is 1/8th key stock again blued after forming the ends etc.

Not to big, it will get it's own strap from the brass ring.

Now just have to wait till hunting season :D
Thanks for looking!

Wolf
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:27:37 PM by werewolf won »
I'll be a story in your head, but that's OK we're all stories in the end.  Just make it a good one!

Offline Buckskin

• Whetstone +
  • Jontok Bushy Approved 7-30-12
Re: 18th Century Small Game Hanger
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »
That looks sweet.  Thanks for sharing it.
Why kill them with kindness when you can use and axe? - found on Facebook

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »
NICE JOB!  I read that article in MUZZLELOADER last month, too :).  I now envision a future photo of a limit of bushytails strung up by their Achilles tendons and a grouping with your bag, horn and soot-burner propped up against a gnarled old oak tree :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
    Hey WW-1,  I think I have a new breech cloth and a spare sash hanging around in your size, and Arrow Moccasin is right up the road a piece on Rt.495 in Hudson,  got a couple of brimed period hats that I could part with and at least one liberty cap.  :)
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
Thanks, but no thanks Moe.  I love the old rifle and tools, I draw the line at looking like I found a time machine however.
I'll be a story in your head, but that's OK we're all stories in the end.  Just make it a good one!

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:42:27 AM »
Thanks, but no thanks Moe.  I love the old rifle and tools, I draw the line at looking like I found a time machine however.

You'd be a hit at the fall meet decked out looking like an eighteenth century longhunter,  I'd wear my buckskins to see that.   :)

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
I do not mind looking like I walked out of a 1940 or 50 LL Bean catalog.  There is a lot to be said for a nice bamboo fly rod, woolen hunting jacket, greasy leather boots etc, but that is the limit :D

Online Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:16:34 PM »
I always thought if you were carrying a smoke pole, buckskins were mandatory.  :shrug:
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »
I always thought if you were carrying a smoke pole, buckskins were mandatory.  :shrug:

LOL,  well it kind of is for you western guys,  but for us it's more Colonial dress or eastern woodland indian mix.

My wife used to complain every year long about 'vous time that she wouldn't mind half as much if she didn't have to dress funny to go. :)

Online Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 09:15:44 AM »

LOL,  well it kind of is for you western guys,  but for us it's more Colonial dress or eastern woodland indian mix.

My wife used to complain every year long about 'vous time that she wouldn't mind half as much if she didn't have to dress funny to go. :)
The folks around St. Louis must have a hard time. They have to decided whether to dress West, or East.  :)
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline Bearhunter

• Water Stone
18th Century Small Game Hanger
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »

I would defiantly stick with the woodland  Indian mix. That colonial stuff reminds me too much of the Brits ;)
Don't wait until it's too late to live your dream!

Offline werewolf won

• Water Stone
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 02:16:44 PM »
NICE JOB!  I read that article in MUZZLELOADER last month, too :).  I now envision a future photo of a limit of bushytails strung up by their Achilles tendons and a grouping with your bag, horn and soot-burner propped up against a gnarled old oak tree :thumbsup:

Thank you, I hope I can get that photo for you too!