Author Topic: CASE Canoe - Finally found the one I was after!!!  (Read 1135 times)

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
CASE Canoe - Finally found the one I was after!!!
« on: July 26, 2021, 11:12:16 AM »
Well we have knives we just want and are on the lookout for...For me I have wanted to come across a Case Canoe in one of the Amber Bone handles in the CV steel.  I know I can order one but I wanted to find it in person at some point.  The Canoe's are getting harder to come by in general as when I went into a store that is a CASE dealer they are usually out altogether...or out of the Amber Bone ones, or a couple times they have had Amber Bone but in stainless steel.  Well on my recent Florida trip I found a hardware store that sold CASE knives and wouldn't you know they had a CASE Canoe in Amber Bone Peach Seed Jig, and CV!  So I had to have it.  Finding it on vacation made it kind of cool too.  I was tempted to buy the Buck Canoe because it's so cheap but of course is not made in USA.  So the USA made CASE still carried weight for me so wanted one of those.  I have a CASE large Trapper and I like it but it is a little on the big side at times so I always thought the canoe was a nice size without being too big.  I wanted one to carry for casual outings and work wear so no one will really know it's there by the pocket clip or something.  So here it is!

CASE Canoe - Amber Bone Peach Seed Jig, CV Steel   No. 00263

thanks for looking and anyone have a knife they are on the constant lookout for?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:25:47 PM by OutdoorEnvy »
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline wsdstan

• Belt Grinder
Re: CASE Canoe - Finally found the one I was after!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 04:12:03 PM »
That is a nice Case OE, the scales are great. 

As to knives I am looking for: there are at the moment none.  Hasn't been that way for long but going through the ones I have there are too many that have never been used.  These days I use one fixed blade, Sarge's version of a belt knife, that is probably the one knife I would never let get away.  Oddly enough I like it better than the Kephart I got from him, although the Kephart ain't ever going anywhere either.

Around the farm I use three folders changing from one to another on whim.  A Leatherman Skeletool with a non-serrated blade, a Bucklite 110, and a Russell Folder made in Nova Scotia.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline crashdive123

• Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 04:28:04 AM »
Nice find.  As far as knives I'm looking for.......not really.  Sometimes I will stumble across something that catches my eye, but between what I have picked up or made I probably have around 200 or so.  Maybe I should "thin the herd" before too long.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 05:49:15 AM »
Great looking folder and glad to hear you found it on vacation.

I'm not wanting one at the moment but I do like the looks of Trollsky Knives.  http://trollsky.com/
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 08:21:28 AM »
I keep looking at the hand made folders, those high dollar ones.  I won't ever be able to justify $450 to $700 for a folder, but dang, having one shure would be nice.
https://www.vcmcustomknives.com/

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »
I picked up a Cresent brand at Lowes for $26 that is D2 steel. My first D2 knife and I'm impressed. It is Too big for pocket carry even though it folds.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Crescent-Pocket-Knife-3-5-in-Harpoon-Point-Blade-Aluminum-Handle/5000140743
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 04:07:26 PM »
Looks like an excellent value for the frogskins expended....not that much more than some of the larger Opinels these days. :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX