Author Topic: Blessed Event X 2  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
Blessed Event X 2
« on: March 17, 2012, 11:25:58 AM »
Our sheep Wendy gave birth this morning to triplets.  Sadly the last one out didn't make it, but I'd like to announce the birth of our new little lamb twins, Hansel and Gretel.

Both white as snow, and everywhere that Wendy went, her lambs are sure to go.

Pictures to follow, I was a bit to busy helping momma to take any shots.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Re: Blessed Event X 2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
Congratulations!      Welcome to the world lil'  Hansel and Gretel ! 

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:35 PM »
Congrats on the future socks, gloves, hats, and sweaters.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
Congrats on the future socks, gloves, hats, and sweaters.

Thank you, my wife is thrilled that they are both white, she spins her own yarn and the white is ideal for dyeing. 

No lamb chops from these two.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
Congrats, that's cool!  Sorry about the third one.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »
Congrats, that's cool!  Sorry about the third one.

I appreciate the sentiment, but triplets are extremely rare, even twins are pretty unusual so we feel pretty fortunate as it turned out. 

Its interesting that the third lamb, the one that didn't make it, came out larger than it's siblings.  I think it was just oxygen deprived during the birthing process since it looked well developed.

A third mouth to feed would place alot of stress on Wendy, so this was probably for the best. 

Here are some pics.  Mom has just delivered the afterbirth and is eating it.  Nature is not always pretty.

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
That's so cool beast! I used to love the calves when we raised cattle. You are very correct in saying nature is not always pretty. Really neat though. Can't believe you didn't name one tim :)
Axes Rock!

Offline Barbarossa Bushman

• Water Stone
  • A sense of humor is a good thing
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »

Thank you, my wife is thrilled that they are both white, she spins her own yarn and the white is ideal for dyeing. 

Any chance of getting any pics or info on how she spins her own yarn? I always thought that would be a great skill to learn even though not on the manly side of skills but I could care less what anyone else thinks. It falls into the cordage making as far as I am concerned.  ;D I'd think the white is perfect for winter clothes.
"When times get rough and times get hard, the fat get skinny and the skinny die. Good thing you had a little fat on you when you did." An old friend

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »
That's so cool beast! I used to love the calves when we raised cattle. You are very correct in saying nature is not always pretty. Really neat though. Can't believe you didn't name one tim :)

Sadly, Tim didn't make it..... 

We are growing pumpkins, so I can name one of them Tim if you'd like.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »

Any chance of getting any pics or info on how she spins her own yarn? I always thought that would be a great skill to learn even though not on the manly side of skills but I could care less what anyone else thinks. It falls into the cordage making as far as I am concerned.  ;D I'd think the white is perfect for winter clothes.

I could take some pics of her. You are exactly correct that spinning yarn is the same process as spinning any other fiber material into cordage.  Except straw into gold, apparently there is a trick to that one.  8)

She's actually preparing some items for a craft festival in a couple of weeks.  So I suppose I could do a thread on spinning.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
aww...  lookit the lil tiny faces... awww...   

I've helped with the birthing of the pigs , helped a few baby chicks get out of their shells and with our momma dog and her pups.   Its always amazing.

I too would love a few posts on your wife and her making yarns and what she makes with them.  Starting with the sheering..  :)

Would she be interested in joining us here in B n B?

WW.

On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »
aww...  lookit the lil tiny faces... awww...   

I've helped with the birthing of the pigs , helped a few baby chicks get out of their shells and with our momma dog and her pups.   Its always amazing.

I too would love a few posts on your wife and her making yarns and what she makes with them.  Starting with the sheering..  :)

Would she be interested in joining us here in B n B?

WW.
The lambs are precious.

As to my wife coming here, we need a little separate space.  She has her websites and I have mine. 

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
Very cool! Cute little suckers. :D

Offline Smokewalker

• Whetstone +
  • Between the sweet grass & the packing house
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »
I tend to name Mine after cuts of meat T-bone, Chuck Roast, Prime Rib you get the idea. :-X
"Theres allot of learnin under this hat son." "Boy use what ya kin see and quit tryin a see what ya kin use." Grand pa Jesse- A real Cowboy