Bushlore Topics > Wilderness Survival

A different kind of survival story

<< < (2/4) > >>

hunter63:
Cool....Great story...Thanks for posting....
Bring back many good memories.....that kind of stuck....LOL

Too bad I didn't write down some of the stories MF, GF and Uncles would reliving and retellings.... at family get togethers.

Of course I was probably too young to know how to write...but would listen from the dining room army cots...where the older kids slept during overnight visits.

They would be in the kitchen, drinking a few cold ones...smoking, laughing and retelling those stories....and I and my cousins drifted off to sleep.....
Those started with, There we were up on the ridge...or on the lake....or those woods over at Old Man Jackson's place...

Women would in the living room gossiping about  relatives that were not there....

Biggest thing I can remember of those women's stories... they kinda all started with ..."Did you know the Johnson boy has taken up with that italian girl....Bla Bla...
Things haven't changed much....LOL 

wsdstan:

--- Quote from: Orbean on January 14, 2018, 11:36:31 AM --- I don't, have asked but nobody seems to know. My grandpa was a quiet man and anything that seem like bragging would have been against his nature. I am afraid it is lost to history. I should start looking into movies that were filmed in and around santa fe. These were movies that were made in the twenties and thirties, but there are family stories about Tom Mix and how nice a man he was.

--- End quote ---

Great story Orbean, it is good to have those kind of memories written down.

As to movies your grandfather was in what was his full name? 

Orbean:

--- Quote from: wsdstan on January 14, 2018, 12:34:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Orbean on January 14, 2018, 11:36:31 AM --- I don't, have asked but nobody seems to know. My grandpa was a quiet man and anything that seem like bragging would have been against his nature. I am afraid it is lost to history. I should start looking into movies that were filmed in and around santa fe. These were movies that were made in the twenties and thirties, but there are family stories about Tom Mix and how nice a man he was.

--- End quote ---

Great story Orbean, it is good to have those kind of memories written down.

As to movies your grandfather was in what was his full name?

--- End quote ---

Jose De La Luz Ortiz

kanukkarhu:
Very cool story. Family history like that is important to hold on to, for sure.

Phaedrus:
A great story!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version