Bushlore Topics > Wilderness Survival

My brush with the survival situaton- near miss!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Moe M.:

Well, you certainly can't say your vacation was not exciting or uneventful,  years from now you'll look back on it as a valuable learning experience, and if you're like the rest of us outdoorsmen you'll probably enjoy embroidering on the story when recounting it to others.

BTW, glad that you made it back ok,  what make of car did you purchase that didn't come with a spare tire and jack assembly, just so I know to avoid that make in the future ?

wsdstan:
I am interested in what car he has too.  My Chevy Malibu didn't have one.  Of course I bought one when I got back to where I live.  It did come with an air compressor to pump it back up though.  I never used it and curse the low life who made that decision to foist on the public.  I bought the car from a private party when it was six months old so I couldn't gripe at the dealership. 

A tire with a sidewall puncture cannot be fixed so you might as well drive out on it.  It is toast anyway.

crashdive123:
Glad things worked out OK.  We all like to be comfortable, but it is important to not become complacent.

Phaedrus:
It's a Kia, it has that same air compressor and useless can of fix-a-flat.

Phaedrus:

--- Quote from: Moe M. on July 08, 2019, 06:08:54 AM ---

BTW, glad that you made it back ok,  what make of car did you purchase that didn't come with a spare tire and jack assembly, just so I know to avoid that make in the future ?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, seems to be an epidemic nowadays. A lot of people don't even know how to change one to begin with. I did get new tire tools and think I've found a rim at a salvage yard.

It was a good survival exercise to be sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version