Author Topic: My apology to Moe  (Read 918 times)

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
My apology to Moe
« on: February 09, 2018, 05:52:34 AM »
Once again i have my foot in my mouth. Moe I read your post completely wrong, i apologize. I would have put this into a personal message but this is also an apology to the forum also. This is not the first time i have had a misunderstanding over a misread post.

Damm, by the age of 52 one would think i would have better control over my feelings, to this day i still get into trouble mishearing or some other "mis". I keep hoping each time will be the last

Nice matters

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
Re: My apology to Moe
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 06:15:20 AM »

Thanks for the apology Orbean, but there's no need to flog yourself over it,  I'm sure you and I are not the only ones who have made that mistake in the past, things like that don't define us, it just makes us human and at times fallible,  the fact that you recognize a mistake and are willing to correct it shows that you're a stand up guy, deserving of our respect.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:23:37 AM »
Nice goin,' gentlemen.....well played! :cheers:    That thread where the verbal altercations took place was tailor-made & destined for exactly what eventually transpired.  :-\     Saw it, right off.  8)
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »
Nice goin,' gentlemen.....well played! :cheers:    That thread where the verbal altercations took place was tailor-made & destined for exactly what eventually transpired.  :-\     Saw it, right off.  8)

Yes, it was.   
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 10:46:38 AM »

Thanks Bud,  as much as I would like to believe that the outcome was unintentional, two threads started by the same OP and ending in the same way is suspicious to say the least,  in defense of the poster, he's a member on 'the other bc forum' and has a history of controversial postings,  but, It may be his posting style and lack of diplomacy and forethought rather than his intentionally creating troll posts.
  He did start the same two threads there but titled them differently,  while they weren't shut down, he did draw some negative replies, he has logged in every day since the stuff hit the fan but hasn't posted, perhaps the experience has served to cause him to moderate his posting style.
  One thing we certainly don't need here again is another Vulumbre character.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
The foremost problem in the Opening Post was the direct link to a site that we have been advised by the administration to avoid referencing, and specifically to avoid linking to.  In other words, a blatant disregard of forum policy.  Whether it was intentional or mere ignorance of directives we are required to follow here at B&B, I have no idea. :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »
Way to go guys, it is why I like this forum the best.  We can patch up problems (with most us) and go on having fun.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 06:51:36 AM »
does this have to do with the thread i started? gee i hope not.
aass for being contraversial well that just means one is overly opinionated?
and opinions are like bungholes everyone has one.
and i'll admit i do somesimes have strong opinions at times.
that does not make me a bad person/. just saying.
btw i've really toned down, i'm no longer political so to speak.
even though it goes against my 1st amenment rights.
though i have found those don't apply to most fourms.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 07:07:14 AM »
does this have to do with the thread i started? gee i hope not.
aass for being contraversial well that just means one is overly opinionated?
and opinions are like bungholes everyone has one.
and i'll admit i do somesimes have strong opinions at times.
that does not make me a bad person/. just saying.
btw i've really toned down, i'm no longer political so to speak.
even though it goes against my 1st amenment rights.
though i have found those don't apply to most fourms.

Nope, nothing to do with you Bud, better luck next time, Just kidding. 

Seriously, we all have our turn to stick our foot in our mouth,  me included,  but this wasn't yours.

Offline SIXFOOTER

• Whetstone +
  • Wandering Smartass
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 08:40:26 AM »
It may be his posting style and lack of diplomacy and forethought rather than his intentionally creating troll posts.

This was how I read it. I did also note the explanation which confirmed my analysis.
However, a bunch of grown ass men Should be able to comport themselves better, but I am 60 and still on occasion make a blunder.
I do like the was this was handled though
Maker of all things Archaic, Hoarder of Gear and Fluent speaker of BS
Sixfooter got bit by a snake like that once, then after 4 agonizing days... The snake finally died....