Author Topic: New Mora Eldris  (Read 11240 times)

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
New Mora Eldris
« on: March 04, 2016, 07:29:14 PM »
This looks like it might by worth wile.
http://outdoornews.morakniv.se/
Depending on street price I might get one.
What a great day to be outside.

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
Re: New Mora Eldris
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 05:32:47 AM »
I like them all!  I have made a few that follow the Eldris profile, too.

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/quenchcrack1/media/IMG_0091_zpsiolthe6q.jpg.html
I guess he'd rather be in Colorado.
-John Denver

Offline jontok

• Super Duper Ultra Goderator!
  • Whetstone +
  • Secret World Overlord
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 10:18:24 AM »
Seems to be a good little knife.

I like the looks of the Kansbol and especially the Garberg too.
Intercrafting: The art of venturing out on the internet, and finding pics of things you can't be bothered to do in real life. :D  -Me

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 12:35:18 PM »
I like the idea of a non- folding pocket knife.

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 03:57:14 PM »
Quench, that's nice work.
I am a sucker for small knives. The Mora looks like a good one.

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »
Well I found a video of the new Moral knives but am having trouble posting a link

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:53:43 PM by lgm »

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »
I was hoping to hear an explanation of the edge grind. I suppose it's just a duplex of tough and fine. Looks like it might require a bit more concentration when resharpening.

It's just a guess, maybe they wont cost all that much; but after offering the inexpensive option for so long, do you think they will make the leap into the higher  price range with great success? 

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 05:35:47 PM »
The duplex grind is part of why I want one. Just to check it out. Also I think Mora makes a good knife & I am a sucker for usable small blades at a good price point.
I hope they keep the price down, they have a large fan base but part of that might be good blades at a fair price. I don't see any of their new knives being that much more expensive to manufacture.
They could make a full tang knife with wood scales & the "bushcraft" TM  :-X types would jump all over it.
If the Eldris is around $20- $30 street priceI will get it.
I think it will be more.

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »
I'm sure the prices will be higher to start with.  Those of us willing to pay more to be the first kid on the block to have one wiil pay dearly.  Next year, I hope they come down to a reasonable $15-25.  If they don't, they can do without my business.  I have a lot of the other Moras.
-John Denver

Offline Boris74

• Whetstone
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:43:43 PM »
I was hoping to hear an explanation of the edge grind. I suppose it's just a duplex of tough and fine. Looks like it might require a bit more concentration when resharpening.

It's just a guess, maybe they wont cost all that much; but after offering the inexpensive option for so long, do you think they will make the leap into the higher  price range with great success?

They use that grind on the light my fire mora. It is no harder to sharpen than without it. If you are a skilled knife handler the different grind towards the tip allows you to change how you use it or when you need to change technique up on different materials or different density woods in one sitting. Hard to explain but once you use it you will understand.

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 09:39:52 PM »
Oh yeah, I guess it is the same. Hmmm. still seems like the transition point would always be a bother. Obviously haven't tried it though.

Offline RatherBeElsewhere

• Mill File
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 09:47:31 AM »
100$ on the full tang Garberg......

Offline jontok

• Super Duper Ultra Goderator!
  • Whetstone +
  • Secret World Overlord
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »

It's basically a mora 2000 with just the front half of the blade...
The grind is simple. there is no difference in the bevel (where you sharpen it). the difference is, if you look at the knife from the top side (spine), you'll see that the front half is a thinner gauge than the back half. This makes it look like there are two different grinds.

Intercrafting: The art of venturing out on the internet, and finding pics of things you can't be bothered to do in real life. :D  -Me

Offline kaweah river

• Whetstone
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 09:48:27 AM »
 I like to make small users too!!!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 10:23:31 AM »
I like 'em......can you provide some specific information as to actual size, etc.?
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Squall

• Mill File+
  • The book was better.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 06:59:18 PM »
100$ on the full tang Garberg......

Full tangish.  I saw a shot of it somewhere (Rocky Mountain Bushcraft maybe...?) and the tang has six holes in it.  Not sure if it's for overall weight or balance or what, but it looked less beastly.  I'm actually a fan of moras, but for a hundred dollars, there are other options I think I'd consider.  It's a shame, I was pretty excited at first, but as I saw the price point I cooled to the idea a bit.  Throw in the tang....I think I'm going to pass.  It would probably work fine for me, but I'd baby it.  And that wouldn't be any fun.

The Eldris does look like a really handy little tool.  I think I would be a nice piece if you're counting ounces, or as a supplement to something beefier. 
Just a backyard bushcrafting neophyte.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »
Lets see the price point on these.  I like the little one and the middle one. 

It is interesting to think about all the uses for the multi-mount system they have.  Might be handy.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 05:35:48 AM »
  I am sooo biting my tongue.   >:D
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 08:58:20 PM »
Come on Moe spill,
If we all liked the same knives and guns this forum would be boring.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 05:36:42 AM »
I have yet to find a Mora knife that interested me.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 06:24:13 AM »
Come on Moe spill,
If we all liked the same knives and guns this forum would be boring.

What ?,  I thought I used restraint.    :shrug:

:cheers:

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 06:36:46 AM »

But if you want to know what my first impressions are,  A- it looks like someone reprofiled a Dollar Store Oyster knife and jacked up the price,  or B- Mora is trying to cash in on the Otzi knife craze that's been going around lately.
  It looks a bit too robust to be a neck knife,  too short for a general purpose bush knife, it doesn't seem well suited for the kitchen, is too broad and short for a decent bird & trout knife,  it might make a good deer skinning knife,  but what do you do with it the rest of the year ? 

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 07:08:53 AM »

But if you want to know what my first impressions are,  A- it looks like someone reprofiled a Dollar Store Oyster knife and jacked up the price,  or B- Mora is trying to cash in on the Otzi knife craze that's been going around lately.
  It looks a bit too robust to be a neck knife,  too short for a general purpose bush knife, it doesn't seem well suited for the kitchen, is too broad and short for a decent bird & trout knife,  it might make a good deer skinning knife,  but what do you do with it the rest of the year ?

Whittle.
;)
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 08:00:08 AM »

Whittle.
;)

Could be JB,  but it looks a bit clumbsy for whittling,  that's where a good pocket knife comes in handy,  lately I've been carrying a 3-3/4" 3 blade brown bone handled serpentine stockman made by Rough Rider,  it's probably the prettiest and best $12.00 knife I've ever owned.   

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 09:36:40 AM »
I think you're missing the whole point of the idea behind this small & easily carried, but robust and versatile design, Moe.   It's a solid longer-tang handle design that would easily outperform a 3-blade stockman (of any make) when the need arises for the operations that most woodcraft projects require.  I like Rough Riders, too and I agree with you as to their quality.....you get way more than you pay for, but you just can't do heavy work with them for long periods of time without breaking them, getting a handful of blisters or risk a non-locking blade-closing at an inoportune time.  Apples and oranges. :stir: :popcorn:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:57:31 PM by wolfy »

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 12:05:39 PM »
Wolfy, well put.  I really don't see this little Mora replacing my SAK or Opinel, it augments it.  The plain sheath version is about $25 and the neck knife sheath with LMF starter is $37 from a USA distributor who is taking orders for Fall delivery.  Frankly, I like the neck knife version a lot.
-John Denver

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 05:52:44 PM »
I think you're missing the whole point of the idea behind this small & easily carried, but robust and versatile design, Moe.   It's a solid longer-tang handle design that would easily outperform a 3-blade stockman (of any make) when the need arises for the operations that most woodcraft projects require.  I like Rough Riders, too and I agree with you as to their quality.....you get way more than you pay for, but you just can't do heavy work with them for long periods of time without breaking them, getting a handful of blisters or risk a non-locking blade-closing at an inoportune time.  Apples and oranges. :stir: :popcorn:

Well Old friend,  first off I was replying to JB's quip,  Whittling,  in my opinion whittling is the passing of time cutting slivers off a piece of stick while passing a jug on the back porch and swapping lies.
  Turning a hickory limb into a baseball bat or a double bit axe handle is not whittling,  it's carving,  and it's best started with a band saw or axe/hatchet, not a 2-1/2"  Mora.
  If I sound snippy it's 'cause I am at the moment,  but I do apologise,  for being snippy,  not for my opinion of the knife,  at best it's just another Mora utility/box and carpet knife.

I didn't mean to offend anyone,  sorry.

I'll be quiet now.              :cheers:

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »
LOL Moe!

Very true!

A "quip" is exactly what it was.
 ;)

Unlike Moe, I like Mora knives. I have uses for them.  This one is a "niche" knife, IMO.

I do not have any interest in that "niche". I will pass on it. My other Moras will do the same thing as this lil one, and "Mora!" (More!){ < Word pun/"Twist" intended) So, I don't see the need nor desire to have this "Eldris" one.
 :)

Those that do like it, & want and/or get one... Good on ya! & "You take your trail, I take mine."!
 :)

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »

Well Old friend,  first off I was replying to JB's quip,  Whittling,  in my opinion whittling is the passing of time cutting slivers off a piece of stick while passing a jug on the back porch and swapping lies.
  Turning a hickory limb into a baseball bat or a double bit axe handle is not whittling,  it's carving,  and it's best started with a band saw or axe/hatchet, not a 2-1/2"  Mora.
  If I sound snippy it's 'cause I am at the moment,  but I do apologise,  for being snippy,  not for my opinion of the knife,  at best it's just another Mora utility/box and carpet knife.

I wasn't referring only to your reply to JB, but more to your critique of the Elderis throughout the entire thread.  I will probably never own one either (unless the price comes down), but I CAN see its potential as a neck knife for some people and in some situations.  It's light, unobtrusive, of robust design and a lot handier to grab than a pocket folder when the need arises for a good sharp piece of steel that won't close on your fingers under hard use.  I think they are going in the right direction with this design......it's a 'niche knife' for sure, but until now, it's a niche that hasn't been filled.

.........AND there's no need to "be quiet now," old pard......that's why it's called a FORUM. 8) :cheers:

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »
http://www.helle.no/products/knives/nying/

I first saw this knife in a backpacking shop in Arkansas. I'd never make a handle/blade proportion like that myself, but it felt great and was real nifty and cute. It was maybe <$70 in that retail environment , close to 100 on amazon today.

I'd prefer an organic handle, but a Lauri or Polar blade to make your own would eat up close to 1/2 your budget- if you wanted to make your own Eldris size knife; if you were accounting or even cared. I could only buy it in person on a whim (for someone who might want a lil knife) since any real desire or need falls 20-25 years too late for me. 

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2016, 04:34:46 AM »
Ragweedforge.com carries this knife.  He advertises it as having a laminated blade. At $94, it does not have the price point of the Eldris but it is an attractive knife.
-John Denver

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »
I have a Helle nying. Didn't pay anything close to $75 for it. Think it was more like 40 years ago. Good little Carver.
The Mora might be a cheaper option.
Moe , even if I don't agree with your opinion I still am interested in your point of view.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 07:49:03 AM »

I wasn't referring only to your reply to JB, but more to your critique of the Elderis throughout the entire thread.  I will probably never own one either (unless the price comes down), but I CAN see its potential as a neck knife for some people and in some situations.  It's light, unobtrusive, of robust design and a lot handier to grab than a pocket folder when the need arises for a good sharp piece of steel that won't close on your fingers under hard use.  I think they are going in the right direction with this design......it's a 'niche knife' for sure, but until now, it's a niche that hasn't been filled.

.........AND there's no need to "be quiet now," old pard......that's why it's called a FORUM. 8) :cheers:

LOL,  Craig,  you should have read the whole post I wrote before deleting the really juicy parts,  now I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that the OP was a subtle way of saying "what do you think of this",  we all have opinions,  not all will be positive,  and I wasn't being critical through the whole thread,  only two of my posts were critical of the Eldris and those were coaxed,  I thought I was being nice,  and I did apologise for my tone.
  Plus, I could have gone further in my criticism and stated what you and JB called it "a niche knife",  a way over priced knife and not a particularly good looking one at that,  I actually think you should buy one,  the neon colors and bulky plastic sheath would look sophisticated hanging around your neck contrasting with your blue bib overalls and engineers cap   ;D.
  BTW,  a short bladed robust and unobtrusive knife with a very sharp edge is not a new innovation in knife design,  I've had one for years,  it's hand forged,  the blade is 3/32" thick and left with the forging marks on it,  the scales are very nice Curly Maple,  and it hangs upside down in a secure custom leather sheath,  quite a pretty and functional knife I might add,  and it didn't cost me near as much as the over priced Mora.

But hey,  to each his own.      :shrug:

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »
Your little 'necker' is a custom solution to the scarcity and short supply of these types of knives on the open market, Moe.   Again, the Eldris IS a 'niche knife' and its purpose is not to win beauty contests or as a fashion accessory 'BBQ knife,' but it IS another option for those wanting something like this, and before now, having very limited and even more expensive options. 

You suggested that I buy one, but you forget that I have already filled the need for something like this.....I merely clip my faithful old Mora Clipper to the top inside edge of my bibs.  Only the top inch or so of the unobtrusive pommel peeks over the edge of my bibs, it comes in the old fashioned Bush Lore O.D. Green color, I have no danged neck-cord and dangling sheath to contend with AND it's strictly a one-handed proposition when it comes to sheathing and unsheathing the blade. :duel:   Your turn. :popcorn:

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
I don't know if Moe and Wolfy have ever met in person but I can see the two of them sitting at a table drinking coffee aruging about everything. Then at the end of the day going home looking forward to doing it again the next day.

I posted this thread to hear everyone's thoughts.
I have knives that fill this nitch, still I got room for one more.

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »
An appreciation for a given knife implies a decision has been made based on things that are important to the buyer: aesthetics, value, material, maker, etc.  The importance of each of these is just an opinion in most cases.  I have heard that opinions are like rectums:  we all have one and they all stink.  I don't think it is something to use to separate friends.  Wolfy and I like Moras and Moe doesn't; so what? Based on needs, values and experiences, we may all be right.
-John Denver

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »
We're old pharts, lgm.  You're right, QC.....that's what old pharts do. ;D    It's to show that good friends can argue without getting pi$$ed-off at each other every single day......it keeps us goin' and demonstrates to the whippersnappers how to behave.   Call it anti-herd mentality. :cheers:

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 05:23:05 PM »
I'm a sucker for neck knives, I'll probably get the eldris. looks like it would make a good carpenter's knife as well.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 05:50:53 PM »
Your little 'necker' is a custom solution to the scarcity and short supply of these types of knives on the open market, Moe.   Again, the Eldris IS a 'niche knife' and its purpose is not to win beauty contests or as a fashion accessory 'BBQ knife,' but it IS another option for those wanting something like this, and before now, having very limited and even more expensive options. 

You suggested that I buy one, but you forget that I have already filled the need for something like this.....I merely clip my faithful old Mora Clipper to the top inside edge of my bibs.  Only the top inch or so of the unobtrusive pommel peeks over the edge of my bibs, it comes in the old fashioned Bush Lore O.D. Green color, I have no danged neck-cord and dangling sheath to contend with AND it's strictly a one-handed proposition when it comes to sheathing and unsheathing the blade. :duel:   Your turn. :popcorn:

I'll not argue with you old friend,  I guess we just see this subject a bit differently,  but those sized knives are far from scarce,  I bought mine at my first Rendezvous for $30.00 bucks 30 years ago,  you can get a similar one from J.Townsend for about $45.00. and Jeff White sells his version for about $60.00,  all equal in quality or better than the Mora,  certainly (in my opinion) much nicer looking,  and all costing less than the Eldris. 
  Just to be fair,  I didn't compare my Rough Rider pocket knife to the Mora Eldris,  I simply said it was my go to whittling knife,  remember, I defined my meaning of whittling and JB agreed  :P,  and it's never been a problem for me to use two hands to open a pocket knife.
  I agree that it's a niche knife (though I don't know what that niche might be),  and I suppose the looks wouldn't be much of a distraction to someone who wears black and yellow spandex hiking shorts,  and sports a neon green and pink backpack,  but it's just not my style.
  IMHO,  If I was going to buy and carry a utility knife it would probably be a Lowe's brand retractable razor knife,  at least when the blade gets dull you just replace it,  they come with extra blades in the handle. 

I'd like to watch you try to sell one of those new girly colored Mora's to a member of the Corp of Exploration,  that would be fun I'll bet.      :taunt: :cheers: 

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 06:01:46 PM »
I don't know if Moe and Wolfy have ever met in person but I can see the two of them sitting at a table drinking coffee aruging about everything. Then at the end of the day going home looking forward to doing it again the next day.

I posted this thread to hear everyone's thoughts.
I have knives that fill this nitch, still I got room for one more.

Igm,  please don't confuse the discussion Wolfy and I are having with an argument,  we are close friends on line and seldom disagree,  and when we do we have to take advantage of the opportunity.   

:shrug:

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2016, 06:50:19 PM »

I'll not argue with you old friend,  I guess we just see this subject a bit differently,  but those sized knives are far from scarce,  I bought mine at my first Rendezvous for $30.00 bucks 30 years ago,  you can get a similar one from J.Townsend for about $45.00. and Jeff White sells his version for about $60.00,  all equal in quality or better than the Mora,  certainly (in my opinion) much nicer looking,  and all costing less than the Eldris. 
  Just to be fair,  I didn't compare my Rough Rider pocket knife to the Mora Eldris,  I simply said it was my go to whittling knife,  remember, I defined my meaning of whittling and JB agreed  :P,  and it's never been a problem for me to use two hands to open a pocket knife.
  I agree that it's a niche knife (though I don't know what that niche might be),  and I suppose the looks wouldn't be much of a distraction to someone who wears black and yellow spandex hiking shorts,  and sports a neon green and pink backpack,  but it's just not my style.
  IMHO,  If I was going to buy and carry a utility knife it would probably be a Lowe's brand retractable razor knife,  at least when the blade gets dull you just replace it,  they come with extra blades in the handle. 

I'd like to watch you try to sell one of those new girly colored Mora's to a member of the Corp of Exploration,  that would be fun I'll bet.      :taunt: :cheers: 
OK, now we're getting down to picking nits. :spider:    Rather than saying "open market," I should have been more specific and said something more on the order of "commonly available and inexpensive commercial market."   The Eldris will be bubble-packed, picked off a pegboard and thrown into a shopping cart.  THESE will be the ones that make this type of knife more commonly known to those that never knew of their existence before.  Is that better? 8)

Next time you find yourself with a rabid porcupine, its teeth buried in the thumb of your left hand, you're fumbling around in your pocket for your folder or desperately trying to open its blade with your teeth.......just think back and say to yourself,  "WOW, I could have had an Eldris!"  :doh:

To top it all off, now....damn you.....I can't help but wonder where I'm going to find a pair of those black & yellow Spandex bibs. :drool:

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 07:14:33 PM »

OK, now we're getting down to picking nits. :spider:    Rather than saying "open market," I should have been more specific and said something more on the order of "commonly available and inexpensive commercial market."   The Eldris will be bubble-packed, picked off a pegboard and thrown into a shopping cart.  THESE will be the ones that make this type of knife more commonly known to those that never knew of their existence before.  Is that better? 8)

Next time you find yourself with a rabid porcupine, its teeth buried in the thumb of your left hand, you're fumbling around in your pocket for your folder or desperately trying to open its blade with your teeth.......just think back and say to yourself,  "WOW, I could have had an Eldris!"  :doh:

To top it all off, now....damn you.....I can't help but wonder where I'm going to find a pair of those black & yellow Spandex bibs. :drool:

No, it's not better,  when is the last time you went to Walmart or Tractor Supply and were able to roll your cart down the aisle and throw $100.00 bubble wrapped sporting knives into it ?
  And what makes you think that they are going to be popular at that price point and in those god awful colors, Ford's kid thought he had a good idea with the Edsel,  look where that went,  but if you're bound and determined, buy one ( I know you won't,  it'll take more than a Mora to get you to shake loose of a hundred dollars),  and get yourself a pair of those hippy colored bibs while your at it,  I'm sure you'll be all the rage at the next county fair or church social,  but I'll bet an Klondike Bar that Heather won't be sitting anywhere near you.     :lol:

Oh, and be sure to post a picture.   ;D

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »
Can we be serious for just a minute?  Where do you see that this little thing costs $100?  I must have missed something somewhere......I DO see that the Garberg is around $100, but nowhere do I see a price like that on the Eldris. :shrug:

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 07:32:57 PM »
$25 bucks( or "frogskins" as Wolfy likes to call them) maybe plus shipping...

at least at this dealer:
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Morakniv-Eldris-Pocket-Size-Fixed--35170

I am not gonna buy one, but I want to add a little clarification to the cost.
 ;)

Ain't no hundred simoleons...
 ;)

ETA:  I think it is funny when you duffers "Old Codgers""spar" about piddly stuff...

:duel:

;)

Edit:  I now understand that, "duffers", was more "negative" than I realized, since I always just called old guys older than me, "duffers".. I just found out that it can be considered "derogatory" if taken the wrong way... So, I changed to "Old Codgers" simply out of respect. [ I always considered "duffer", as a "term of endearment" & just helped a 70 year old celebrate his B-day Friday & he has no trouble with the term & thinks it is funny. Just did not want to get the old duffers...Ermmm "Codgers", around here, all disjointed & sleepless over it......LOL ;) ]

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:01:31 PM by MnSportsman »

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 07:37:56 PM »
Can we be serious for just a minute?  Where do you see that this little thing costs $100?  I must have missed something somewhere......I DO see that the Garberg is around $100, but nowhere do I see a price like that on the Eldris. :shrug:

OK Wolfy,  I was wrong about the price,  $25.00 is in keeping with Mora's price structure,  but you have to admit,  it's a crappy looking knife.    :P

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 07:46:46 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, JB......that's what I thought.  :cheers:     BTW.....I don't want or need one. :[

EDIT:   Your turn to buy coffee tomorrow, Moe. :coffee:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:55:12 PM by wolfy »

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2016, 08:03:43 PM »
  I felt the need to edit my last post too, Wolfy.
;)

Only out of civility & respect though, not because I like either of you two old....

well...  Nevermind...

;)

"Whittlers".... That is it... Old "whittlers".
LOL
 ;D

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2016, 08:04:07 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, JB......that's what I thought.  :cheers:     BTW.....I don't want or need one. :[

EDIT:   Your turn to buy coffee tomorrow, Moe. :coffee:

OK. :cheers:

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2016, 08:25:15 PM »
$25 bucks( or "frogskins" as Wolfy likes to call them) maybe plus shipping...

at least at this dealer:
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Morakniv-Eldris-Pocket-Size-Fixed--35170

I am not gonna buy one, but I want to add a little clarification to the cost.
 ;)

Ain't no hundred simoleons...
 ;)

ETA:  I think it is funny when you duffers "Old Codgers""spar" about piddly stuff...

:duel:

;)

Edit:  I now understand that, "duffers", was more "negative" than I realized, since I always just called old guys older than me, "duffers".. I just found out that it can be considered "derogatory" if taken the wrong way... So, I changed to "Old Codgers" simply out of respect. [ I always considered "duffer", as a "term of endearment" & just helped a 70 year old celebrate his B-day Friday & he has no trouble with the term & thinks it is funny. Just did not want to get the old duffers...Ermmm "Codgers", around here, all disjointed & sleepless over it......LOL ;) ]

JB,  we always agree on the important stuff,  all we have to spar with is piddly stuff,  and damned little of that,  as for what to call us old guys,  we're to old and wise to let it bother us,  Duffer is fine, Geezer works ok for me,  or what ever,  just be aware that you ain't no spring chicken either and duffer is just around the corner for you as well.    :welcome:    :taunt:

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »
I'm gonna wade in here, but my comments are more in general terms and not the Eldris per se.  I'm not comfortable using a 3 fingered knife.  I don't feel like I have good control with them.  I've tried 'em.  They just don't work for me or maybe, I just don't work for them.  As far using one as a neck knife...........wel l, I don't have any of those, either.  After working in a business for over 30 years where I had crap hanging around my neck the entire time, I'm not too keen on doing that any more.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.