Author Topic: Need Help With Identifying Old Beaver Rasp/File  (Read 657 times)

Offline wjhames

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Mill File
Need Help With Identifying Old Beaver Rasp/File
« on: April 10, 2016, 06:56:31 AM »
I was at a garage sale yesterday and came across this:

It instantly caught my attention because of how deep the grooves still were.

The home owner (super nice older man) said that it was older than him and I combined. I am 51 and he was way older than me. He said that it was his Father's. This wonderful American had served in the Korean War and lost his left leg in action. He had lost his son in the last five years from friendly fire (actually a guided missile) over in Afghanistan (His story is too intense to tell. My wife, daughter and I were holding back tears). Anyways, when I got home I looked it over and found a maker's mark on it.

It says "Beaver   Made in U.S.A.". I had intended to make it into multiple flint strikers, but I'm having second and third thoughts about that now. Does anyone know anything about this? Where it was made?  When it was made?  Really, anything would be great. 
Thanks in advance.

This is the first time I've tried to upload pictures but I have been stumped for the last two hours reading tutorials, watching videos, etc... and I am about ready to stab myself in the throat with a Gatorade bottle.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:23:39 AM by wjhames »
"I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power, the greater it will be."  Thomas Jefferson

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
Re: Need Help With Identifying Old Beaver Rasp/File
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 04:38:58 PM »
Sounds like that file has a bunch of history to it.

Your pics are not showing, you need to host the pics on a photo sharing/hosting site and then copy the link to each picture and paste it in the thread.

Hope that helps.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir