Author Topic: Hiking with Jay  (Read 1134 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Hiking with Jay
« on: July 10, 2016, 09:20:09 PM »

The first in my peak a week series
helping a friend realize his ambition to summit a few of the higher peaks in Montana
we start with Livingston peak, at nine thousand three hundred feet it is one of the shorter peaks in this Mountain range.
At 73 years of age, this was a great beginning for my friend...join us...woods 

[video=youtube;GtU_pMDv2gI][/video]
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: Hiking with Jay
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 03:17:20 AM »
Congrats to Jay on scaling Livingston Peak  :hail:     ...............and thanks to you, Dave, for another great series of Montana mountain adventure films. :thumbsup:    I'm looking forward to the next one.....which one do you have scheduled?  :popcorn:    I've heard there's a fire over around Emigrant Peak. :shrug:

I missed your pup. :-\
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:52:08 AM »
Thanks for watching Craig :)
next in line Rams Horn Peak, a smidgit above ten thousand...located a bit south and west of emigrant.
we have been blessed with two solid days of rain with cooler temps predicted...more rain today, so this should help reduce the spread of any fires...thanks again  :cheers:...woods

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 06:56:15 AM »

Always great to be able to share in you adventures Dave, even if only in a video,  keep 'em coming my friend,  we all appreciate your efforts in bringing them to us.
                                                     :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »

Always great to be able to share in you adventures Dave, even if only in a video,  keep 'em coming my friend,  we all appreciate your efforts in bringing them to us.
                                                     :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks for that Moe...i appreciate the feedback... :cheers:...dave

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 10:21:01 AM »
Quite nice of you to help your friend Dave.  You have a knack for making great videos.  Except for not being worn out after the climb I felt like I was with you.  Thanks for another great video.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 10:46:15 AM »
   Always great to see folks getting together & enjoying the outdoors!
:thumbsup:

Jay seemed like a nice feller! He hung in there right to the end & that is great for a feller over 70! I don't know if I could still do the elevations like that anymore, with my COPD. Ya'll seemed to do just fine! Glad to see ya'll make the peak!
:)

Saw you were wearing the web gear & suspender harness this trip also. Good choice!
;)

Thanks for sharing your climb together! Looking forward to your next trip!
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 12:36:24 PM »
Quite nice of you to help your friend Dave.  You have a knack for making great videos.  Except for not being worn out after the climb I felt like I was with you.  Thanks for another great video.
Thanks for the encouraging words Stan...i always worry my vids are sub standard compared to many of the you tubers out there, so thats great to hear!
   Always great to see folks getting together & enjoying the outdoors!
:thumbsup:

Jay seemed like a nice feller! He hung in there right to the end & that is great for a feller over 70! I don't know if I could still do the elevations like that anymore, with my COPD. Ya'll seemed to do just fine! Glad to see ya'll make the peak!

Saw you were wearing the web gear & suspender harness this trip also. Good choice!
;)

Thanks for sharing your climb together! Looking forward to your next trip!
Thanks JB....yup, the web gear and waist pack is a great way to go when humping these steep hills....no pack to pull you backwards!...gotta like that ;)...Jay done real well...though he took a nasty spill on the way back down...no matter...we bandaged him up!...good as new...atb...dave

Offline SCB

• Mill File+
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 08:48:34 PM »
Thanks for taking us along Woods. Very inspiring scenery. Nothing substandard with your videos at all.