Author Topic: Emigrant Peak 2016  (Read 555 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Emigrant Peak 2016
« on: July 24, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »
Emigrant Peak
It is a bit of a challenge on these old bones and nerves...
...but hey, there are worse ways a feller can go :P
Just ol woods this time...i think this vid will probably dissuade my dear friend Jay from the attempt...getting up is only half the battle...getting
back down is even tougher...hope you enjoy...i sure had a lot of fun doing it  :)...woods   
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: Emigrant Peak 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 07:40:26 PM »
Man, you must be part mountain goat! :shocked:   :hail:        That's quite a climb.....you should be taking souvenir rubbings of those survey markers on a notebook page!  :thumbsup:   

Thanks for taking the time and effort, especially the 'walking away Les Stroud shots' where you have to backtrack to retrieve the camera.  Great video, old friend.....I loved it! :cheers:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »
LOL!....actually Craig, one of those photos at the end has a heard of mountain goats in it...sadly they were so far off, you couldn't tell them from snowballs! ???
at one point i was nearly bowled over by a frightened Bighorn sheep :crazy:
It was quite the climb amigo and my legs are paying the price...but it was more from the descent...ouch! :'(
Thanks for watching and i'm glad you liked it!!! :cheers:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:58:35 AM »
That is a tough climb in that scree.  Two steps up one step back in places.  Lot of effort for guys our age, more than I could put out these days I fear.

Thanks for the video Woods, as always it is just like being there.  Well sort of.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 11:36:45 AM »
Dayam! You do give new meaning to the term "Old Goat"!  I wish I could still do that.   Thanks for the vid!
I guess he'd rather be in Colorado.
-John Denver

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 09:30:01 PM »
That is a tough climb in that scree.  Two steps up one step back in places.  Lot of effort for guys our age, more than I could put out these days I fear.

Thanks for the video Woods, as always it is just like being there.  Well sort of.
Your welcome Stan!...and thanks for watching :)

Dayam! You do give new meaning to the term "Old Goat"!  I wish I could still do that.   Thanks for the vid!
Thats me!..."old goat" ;)...ive always been pretty good at scrambling...i used to do a lot of rock climbing in my youth...thanks for looking...woods