Author Topic: WTF  (Read 977 times)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
WTF
« on: September 28, 2016, 04:04:32 PM »
Ever since an Apple update yesterday on my iPad I am unable to read any of the posts.  People's avatars and spaces for the posts are visible, but there is NOTHING but blank space where the posting is supposed to be.

I have rebooted, logged out, even deleted B&B entirely to come back with a login.  When I do that it shows that I am still logged in, even when I have logged out previously.  I can't even log in with a new name because it shows that I've never left.

I don't even know if this post will show up so you guys can see it, but if it does and one of you guys knows anything else I can try to get back to 'normal' (no wisecracks, please) I would be most appreciative.  Since I can't read any of your replies, PLEASE email me at..........

Desperately yours,

wolfy
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:14:25 AM by wolfy »
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
Re: WTF
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:22:50 PM »
E-mail sent
Geezer Squad, Evoking the 50 year old rule..First 50 years, worried about the small stuff, second 50 years....Not so much

Online PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »
Wolfy,

I just got your email. I am not proficient with iPads but I hope one of our members can help out. I am going to remove your email address from the post so that a bot doesn't pick it up and start spamming you. You mentioned you can read quoted posts so I am wrapping this in quote tags so hopefully you can see it.

Anyone who needs to email wolfy should be able.to do so through the forum email system (not pm).

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:07:16 PM »
Wolfy,

I just got your email. I am not proficient with iPads but I hope one of our members can help out. I am going to remove your email address from the post so that a bot doesn't pick it up and start spamming you. You mentioned you can read quoted posts so I am wrapping this in quote tags so hopefully you can see it.

Anyone who needs to email wolfy should be able.to do so through the forum email system (not pm).

PW...
got a email to wolfy....and forward his message and e-mail address to Yellowyak...

We will see.
H63
Geezer Squad, Evoking the 50 year old rule..First 50 years, worried about the small stuff, second 50 years....Not so much

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 07:04:07 PM »
Thanks H63, I just sent an email to Wolfy, hopefully I can give him some assistance and get him back online in short order.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 07:12:16 PM »
Well, I got back up again, but it weren't easy! :P   It took my iPad, Heather's iPhone and laptop, an hour on the phone with a tech and two of her supervisors, changing the format so I am now viewing in "Clear Mind" instead of defaulting to 'concrete' and a LOT of patience on everyone's part!

Thanks to hunter63, YellowYak and PW for responding to my plea for help.  I was goin' nuckin' futz! :crazy:

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 07:17:39 PM »
Hey....Alright!......
Welcome back...glad to be of assistance...Us old guys don' do 'puter" gooder....
H63

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 08:09:31 PM »
Jonesin' much, were we? :taunt:
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 08:13:14 PM »
Just a bit, perhaps. :drool: :shrug: :lol:

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 09:31:08 PM »
Jonesin' much, were we? :taunt:

LOLOLOLOL
 ;)

Glad ya got it worked out!
:)

You should have a package tomorrow.
;)
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Online PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »
Glad it got all sorted out and thanks to the guys that helped!  :cheers: