Author Topic: Duluth trading jeans.  (Read 548 times)

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
Duluth trading jeans.
« on: October 04, 2016, 11:03:22 AM »
For twenty plus years I have been buying kirtland brand jeans at Costco. Not just me but also a good percentage of the people i have worked with. Great work jeans and non-work jeans. Anyways Costco in my area no longer carries them.

Anyways does anyone have an opinion on Duluth trading jeans, not the firehouse pants but the regular jeans. Or any other. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Nice matters

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Duluth trading jeans.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 12:21:31 PM »
Orbean they make several types of pants and jeans with different weights.  I have only had one pair.  They were firehose canvas work pants.  They were tough and a bit on the heavy side.  I have been looking at them again and see they now have a pair of the regular jeans with 3% spandex which might be a good thing.   :shrug:

My old ones lasted a long time.  They are okay but they do take a long time to dry (just like jeans)  if you get them wet when compared to the nylon/spandex pants.  Their jeans look like regular five pocket jeans so I would think they would wear just as long.  Expensive though when compared to the jeans I used to buy at Sam's Club.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Online upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 07:18:09 PM »
I'm waiting now for a pair of Pendleton jeans. I struggle mightily getting pants to fit me. I'm hoping they work out. I kinda expected them today. No show. The are all cotton. No spandex or lycra. Only bad reviews was break in stiffness or size. I pray they fit and am not worried about breaking them in. I'll try to post my thoughts when I get them. I hate buying cloths but I need some new ones pretty badly.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 07:46:39 PM »
Just purchased a pair of the Duluth trading jeans, not the flex ones with spandex, just the regular ones. Will check back and give a review when they arrive

Nice matters

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 08:02:19 PM »
A friend of mine just bought some nylon spandex blend pants at Costco that he was raving about.  Not for work probably but certainly adequate for woods bumming and camping.  They cost him $20 each.  If they have any left he is going to get me a couple pair.  Our nearest Costco is about 300 miles away.   :P
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 07:44:19 AM »
Key bibs: The Aristocrat of American Overalls.  8)

EDIT: spelling airer  8)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:24:22 PM by wolfy »
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »
I have three pair of bibs and they are hard to beat for a work and camp leg covering.  Their fatal flaw is when nature calls.   :-X  A fellow I know didn't get his bibs out of the way and flipped the whole mess down his back when he tried to button them back up.  It was ugly but funny (unless you were him).
(Mark Twain)

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 03:10:30 PM »
Very happy with these Duluth trading jeans. They fit well, are very comfortable, and look good. Well built.
Nice matters