Author Topic: "Two Kilo Kit" Wilderness Immersion Course  (Read 499 times)

Offline Chekmate

• Supporting Member
  • Mill File+
  • Keep Your Tinder Dry
"Two Kilo Kit" Wilderness Immersion Course
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:44:41 PM »
Well, I've been back for over a week now from the "Two Kilo Kit Wilderness Immersion" course and the "Winter Camping Symposium".   I had a fantastic time at both!

It started for me Wednesday morning in the woods next to where the WCS was going to be held.   I met Kelly, Dragan, Blake, and Brian instructors from "Mors Kochanski" Karamat Wilderness Ways survival school, and Ben from "Bens Backwoods" also Jason from "Lester River Bushcraft".   These six fine gentlemen taught us, sixteen participants.  Ranging from first timers to experienced bushcrarfters.   Everyone learned something.

There was information and knowledge for everyone.   We learned how to make "withies", build a 36" "Bowsaw & Bucksaw", fire making, log winch, Roycroft pack frame, super shelter, knots, survival whistle out of an aluminum can,  Tricks for a bow drill.  The list just keeps going on.   If they have it again next year.   I'm gonna go.   Too much information to soak up in two days.   :thumbsup:

Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chelmate
Keep Your Tinder Dry
Chekmate

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: "Two Kilo Kit" Wilderness Immersion Course
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 05:34:41 PM »
I have seen a few photos of the event.  Looks like a lot of good information and skill gets passed on.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)