Author Topic: Serious issue with Mozilla Firefox browser!  (Read 293 times)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
Serious issue with Mozilla Firefox browser!
« on: November 20, 2016, 10:32:55 AM »
I just changed my default browser BACK to Firefox from Chrome.
I've used Firefox on this site and elsewhere for literally years w/o any major glitches.
NOW, I can't see any text using Firefox!  Menus, posts...nothing. Only thread headers show up.
I can't seem to find any settings in Firefox (latest version) that relate to that.
Anyone else have thins issue and find a solution?
(I'm here with Chrome right now, or I wouldn't be able to enter this.)
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline NewEnglandBushcraft

• Whetstone +
Re: Serious issue with Mozilla Firefox browser!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »
Now that is odd... :-\
Firefox is my primary browser, and I've not had any of the issues you are describing.

My best guess is that an add-on in the foxy browser isn't updated. If everything is up-to-date, than I haven't a clue.  :shrug:
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." ~ Abraham Lincoln
My blog, https://newenglandbushcraft.wordpress.com/

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 10:59:57 AM »
I had a similar mess after an iPad 'update' just a few weeks ago.  It was nearly impossible for me to get back where I could communicate again, but PW got me going again when he suggested I try one of the different formats.  I tried them all, one after the other, without success until I got to the final option, which was the 'Clear Mind' version for viewing and communicating on the forum.  It is far from perfect, but proved to be my only option.  Can you PM PW with your plight?  Send me an email and I can act as an intermediary if you run out of options.

GOOD LUCK!
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
I had a similar mess after an iPad 'update' just a few weeks ago.  It was nearly impossible for me to get back where I could communicate again, but PW got me going again when he suggested I try one of the different formats.  I tried them all, one after the other, without success until I got to the final option, which was the 'Clear Mind' version for viewing and communicating on the forum.  It is far from perfect, but proved to be my only option.  Can you PM PW with your plight?  Send me an email and I can act as an intermediary if you run out of options.

GOOD LUCK!
"Clear Mind" fixed the problem, and I think I know what it is. PM'ing PW after this.
Thanks, Wolfy!
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.