Author Topic: My First 2 hikes in the Woods in a Year  (Read 514 times)

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
My First 2 hikes in the Woods in a Year
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:36:43 AM »
I finally gave up the cane for a walker.  Best thing I ever did.  I did 1.2 miles yesterday and almost 2 miles today.  Doesn't sound like much of a big deal.  Especially when you see the "trail".  But it was huge for me and Max.

It a new trail and Kelly has been hiking it for 3 weeks.  Hasn't seen one person.  Deer almost every day.

The management (State Conservation Area)  were kind enough to blaze the trail with white blobs... on both sides of the trees.  I can see the next blobs from here... and the next.

Whata great idea!  We wouldn't want someone losing the trail and getting lost in the 1 1/2 miles of thick wilderness between roads here.  Hey!  It could happen!

LOL.  Regardless.  It felt great to be hiking with my best buddy in the woods.  Count your blessings.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
Re: My First 2 hikes in the Woods in a Year
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 10:47:20 AM »
Good on ya, Tony!  You're  true inspiration!
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 11:12:29 AM »
That's great Tony!  It's always good to smell the woods with the sun on your face again!  That is peace of mind with the trail markings.  You never know when it could get crazy and turn or something...hehe!
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline NewEnglandBushcraft

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:36:53 PM »
:thumbsup: Excellent :D A combination of arguably the best kind of physical and metal therapy :). But man, the things we take for granted these days...
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." ~ Abraham Lincoln
My blog, https://newenglandbushcraft.wordpress.com/

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
  • Sometimes more is more.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 08:27:36 AM »
Hey, I'm proud of you, buddy! I miss our walks and talks, and hope to come down and see you in the spring!
What's that smell?

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 09:30:31 AM »
Hey, I'm proud of you, buddy! I miss our walks and talks, and hope to come down and see you in the spring!

Love to do a camp with you  if I'm in between surgeries when you come.  I'm much more mobile with the walker.  Going to Alafia Rendezvous and Buck Lake in Jan.

Bring  Redbeard.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Highlife

• Water Stone
  • Sometimes more is more.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »
I'll see what I can do!
What's that smell?