Author Topic: Posting from photobucket. The mystery continues  (Read 848 times)

Offline Whistler1895

• Mill File+
Posting from photobucket. The mystery continues
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:39:20 PM »
Ok i managed to get my photobucket acct.  but for the life of me cannot figure out how to post a picture. Their help section has so far been useless. Any help or advice is welcome.

Online imnukensc

• Water Stone
Re: Posting from photobucket. The mystery continues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »
This might help:

The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »
I had a bunch of problems posting photos from photo bucket so I eventually gave up.
Nice matters

Offline Whistler1895

• Mill File+
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 06:14:58 PM »
Thx imnukensc ,that got me closer.  How do I determine where i send the pics c. I should have clarified i only have an iPhone

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline Whistler1895

• Mill File+
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:35:26 PM »
Exactly old philosopher. It might be easier to xerox my pics and mail them to everyone on earth

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:17 PM »
Exactly old philosopher. It might be easier to xerox my pics and mail them to everyone on earth

:lol: :rofl:

You said iPhone.  Well there's yer problem, right there.
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »
just insert the image code, it's just just to the right of the pic you load in PB, in your post. it's very simple. I've not done it with my iphone yet... i don't think anyways.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 07:27:49 PM »
If you pull up an individual photo in PB, to the right it will have a set of choices. Pick the one that starts out [img], and click on it. It will automatically copy the link with the tags.
Come back to your post here and "paste" it into the text editor.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 08:40:34 PM »
You can also right click on the picture itself in photobucket.

Choose: "Copy Image address" from the menu.

Return to your post here at B&B.

LEFT Click on the icon above that looks like a little picture. [ 2nd row, First icon]

RIGHT Click in the box that opens & choose Paste.

Left click on OK

And the picture will post.

;)

G'luck!
:)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:47:07 PM by MnSportsman »
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Whistler1895

• Mill File+
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 04:29:21 AM »
Hey creek I'm sorry I haven't responded to your pm till now, crazy at work rite now. Maybe i can contact you closer to this weekend. I could sure use the help  I've een able to get the pb code to post but no pics. Thx I'll be in touch

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »
I've looked at some of your attempts in the test section.

You need to have your link surrounded by "image tags". They look like this, [ing]www.thelinktoyourpi cturegoeshere.com[/ing] except the image tags use an "m" instead of an "n".

It looks like on some of your tests attempts, you were really close, but when you tried to paste the link in between the tags, you pasted over the second tag.

You can also just manually type the image tags if you find that easier. Type the first tag, then paste your URL after it, then type the second tag.

And finally, as has been mentioned, photobucket allows you to copy a URL that already has image tags added on by photobucket, so all you have to do is paste it into your posts.

Offline Dano

• Water Stone
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 04:53:48 PM »
My answer is similar to what Ol'P said, but I use the bottom link of the 4 that says "copy Image".  So what I do is have two tabs open.  One is for here where I have my thread started any any text I have typed, the other is for my opened account in PB.  I find the picture I want to post here, and looking to the right I have four options.  As I recall it's the bottom one that says "copy Image".  When you click on that, it takes a few seconds and changes to say "copied" as I recall and seems like the box turns from white to yellow for a couple seconds.  Then I come back to the tab with my opened thread, click in my typed text where I want the picture to appear, and hit "CTRL" "V"  (control V) which pastes the link.  It will remain a link in my thread until I hit the submit button, at which time my thread posts in the forum heading and the picture appears.  Not sure about the differences when using an "I" device, but it goes like this:

1) Open a tab here and log in, open the forum heading, start a new thread and type stuff
2) Open another tab for PB, log in and find my picture.  Go the the options on the right and select the bottom one
3) Come back to my thread here, click where in my text I want the picture and hit the CTRL key and then the letter V
4) Type more text and repeat the process for any additional pictures I want to include
5) When finished, hit the "submit" button at the bottom of my thread

Obviously I'm talking Windows OS and not Apple, but I hope that helps some.

Good luck!!!!!  I know it can be frustrating

Online imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »
Maybe this'll help. 

The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.