Author Topic: Beach Day  (Read 280 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Beach Day
« on: December 18, 2016, 07:20:12 AM »
Kelly's out of school for Christmas break and we headed to the beach.  For y'all in the polar vortex,  I was in srf trunks, no shirt, no shoes.

Beach days wear Max out.  He zonked on the way home, didn't finish his dinner, and went to bed.

I could sit and watch these busy sandpipers all day long scurrying back and forth usually just in front of the waves.

My project since I can't surf right now and the ocean was too stirred up for fishing ( plus it was slack tide.  fishing dies then) was sanding slats for a break down chair for 'vous.  I thought I'ld only use hand tools in keeping with the spirit of the'vous.  Holy Cow!  I had completely forgotten how much work and time sanding furniture is.

Kelly can't resist beachcoming for cool driftwood and Max is just about to pounce and dig to China for a sand crab.

All of us drove home in a pleasant mellow.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:03:14 AM by madmax »
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Beach Day
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
"sigh"

I am wearing enough clothing that I am doing a fair imitation of that little kid in A Christmas Story.  It was a minus 27 last night and all the driftwood was frozen to the ground.   :P
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)