Author Topic: Tap Talk  (Read 255 times)

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
Tap Talk
« on: January 29, 2017, 03:55:58 AM »
Just a quick question. I have tried to use tap talk a few times but it keeps saying it is down. Will it be re-enacted at some point or do I need to make a change on my end?
The more you look with your eyes the less you will truly see.

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
Re: Tap Talk
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:58:43 AM »
I hardly ever use it but I fired the app off this morning and it said unavailable to me as well. Must not be you. I really can't offer any help though. Maybe PW will chime in.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »
The problem.with Tapatalk is that they don't keep up with SMF software updates. The forum software we use isn't a very common or popular software, so there isn't that much incentive for Tapatalk to make sure it's compatible.

The last 3 or 4 times SMF released an update, it broke the Tapatalk functionality. Some of you will remember occasional forum outages while we updated.

In the end, Tapatalk makes up only a tiny fraction of the users accessing the forum. As much as I would like to have it available, the service interruptions it would cause to our to fix it every time we get an update aren't worth it, particularly if they are occurring more than once every couple of years.

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 03:22:27 AM »
Sounds good to me. Thanks PW.
The more you look with your eyes the less you will truly see.