Author Topic: MSS intermediate cold weather bag -10*  (Read 313 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
MSS intermediate cold weather bag -10*
« on: February 11, 2017, 02:26:36 PM »
I stumbled upon this with 2 hours left on the Auction and no bids.So I bid the minimum and won!!!

I have a -10 walmart bag. This is far lighter and much more rugged. I think it may be lighter too. It has very nice thick collars along the chest and entire zipper length.

The chest collar on the wally bag has a cinch cord. It's in the way and annoying. The cord lock hurts when you lay on it. This does not have one and because it's so thick it isn't necessary.

The foot box is quite large. It has snaps all the way along the zipper to put two together.

It's very clean and I can't find a blem anywhere. It does smell a little bit like a salvation army store(detergent). I'm sure that will air right out. It isn't anywhere near bad enough that I can't sleep in it.

I'm going to enjoy this bag.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modular-Sleep-System-INTERMEDIATE-COLD-WEATHER-SLEEPING-BAG-10-Black-Fair-/371861962112?
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: MSS intermediate cold weather bag -10*
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 02:42:01 PM »
Looks like a good one.  Wide enough to actually sleep in too.  Good catch and you can't beat the price.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »
I have the complete MSS. I love it. Folks betch about it being too heavy among other things. I can tell you I've used it in most all it's configurations and there is one thing I can tell you for certain. I've never been cold nor too warm when I use it. If you have a good bivy sack you can sleep in the rain as long as the opening in down hill. That is as long as the bivy is ready for it.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 07:11:27 PM »
a great sleep system for sure. i use one out in my camp. no ground sleeping though
i have a cot,all the years i spent on the ground i've earned it.

Offline SririOpa

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:05:29 AM »
Need something good I must give this good to others.

Offline Gunnarsson

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 10:40:50 AM »
You can?t do anything wrong with that price!