Author Topic: Downed Pine  (Read 395 times)

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
Downed Pine
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:24:22 PM »
The wind during the week took down a big ole pine on the edge of my grass. This is what it looked like this morning. The one that shared it's roots, just to the right, will come down as soon as I finish cleaning this mess up.

Tools for the day. I used the chete to clear the little stuff out of the way before I even got started. Piles of little stuff to smack me or to trip over. Worked great. I used the axe mainly after I was done sawing to chop the limbs to length so as I could toss them on the fire.

I was actually pretty amazed how much I got done. I figure the tree was about 80 feet. A little clean up tomorrow and I'm golden. Will be interesting how these two missing will effect my yard. I'll surely get much more morning sun.

I'm tired I notice. THe smell of wood smoke is comforting.

:choptree:

Creek
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:40:01 AM by upthecreek »
Axes Rock!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Downed Pine
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »
Nice axe in that photo.

I had a big ash tree come down last year and it was a mess to clean out of the alfalfa field.  I see now I have one down by the driveway at the country road.  We will get some firewood out of it too. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 07:12:36 AM »
Is there any other way to use an axe? or was that a Freudian slip!

Now we aren't going to have a lengthy discussion on whether you burn the woods down are we? (laughing)
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline upthecreek

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
    • my youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 07:40:59 AM »
Dang typos! I'm happy to report the woods are still in good shape this morning.  :cheers:

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 08:26:16 AM »
Tim, In that last photo is that the standing pine that needs to come down or the stump from the one that did fall? It looks like maybe the two were joined at the hip so to speak.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline upthecreek

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
    • my youtube
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 08:40:41 AM »
That is the standing pine that needs to come down. The were joined at the bottom. Looks like bugs have gotten into the base. We're suppose to have really high winds through out the evening so I will not be surprised if the other is laying on the ground in the morning. least I got one mess cleaned up.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 03:37:47 PM »
Well atleast they are back away from the house enough they aren't worrisome for you.  That's a good days work though buddy.  I like those days.  It's nice to see what you got done.  Using fun tools is nice too :)  good job!
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/