Author Topic: 2017 Bushcraft LBE day pack  (Read 503 times)

Offline wturiel

• Whetstone +
    • Round Rock Outdoors
2017 Bushcraft LBE day pack
« on: February 13, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »
I had an opportunity this weekend, both boys were visiting their grandparents and I took the opportunity to clean out and organize all my camping/bushcraft/survival gear and low and behold I found stuff that I thought was lost.  I also took the time to put together a kit for hiking and day trips for the summer and spring.  Here in Central Texas it gets hot, and humid so I wanted something that would breath.  I found an old ALICE LBE rig and put together a few items. Below is the video that will show you all the gear.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:35:12 PM by wturiel »
Exploring texas bushcraft
www.roundrockoutdoo rs.com

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
Re: 2017 Bushcraft LBE day pack
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
fixed it

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wturiel

• Whetstone +
    • Round Rock Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
thanks, stupid youtube link

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:22:36 AM »

Nicely thought out day hike kit,  it's not far removed from my own,  I've gone from a back pack to a shoulder bag and by cutting the size I've been forced to minimize what I carry therefore cutting down on  pack weight,  I'm assuming by your post that you haven't taken it out on a shake down cruise yet,  when you do let us know what changes you've made to your load out to make it better.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wturiel

• Whetstone +
    • Round Rock Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »

Nicely thought out day hike kit,  it's not far removed from my own,  I've gone from a back pack to a shoulder bag and by cutting the size I've been forced to minimize what I carry therefore cutting down on  pack weight,  I'm assuming by your post that you haven't taken it out on a shake down cruise yet,  when you do let us know what changes you've made to your load out to make it better.
No not yet, I put it together this past weekend.  I hope to take it out for a hike soon and see how it goes.  Also see what get used, what does not and if not using it on one hike warrants removing it from the kit.  Some stuff I am sure will stay, like emergency blankets and such.  Looking forward to getting out now that the baby is a little older and less of a handful for the wife.