Author Topic: Log in issue  (Read 196 times)

Online Dano

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »
I logged in here earlier this evening with no problems.  Signed out for a few hours, and came back to log in about an hour ago and noticed when I clicked on the username box, a window popped up below it and said the site credentials were compromised and that information could be copied.

So I went to the address bar, typed in the "https://" part and got the padlock symbol (using Firefox) and was able to log in with no problems.  Went to another tab and typed "b" in the address bar and the B&B address comes up, but the padlock has a red line through it.  So something has happened to my bookmarks, but I'm not sure exactly what.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen or noticed it on their log in if using Firefox. 

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
Re: Log in issue
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:03:27 PM »
I use firefox and that hasn't happened to me.  Yet, anyways.  I would delete your current bookmark link and clear your cookies and then save it all again and see where that gets you. 
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Online PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 09:22:44 PM »
Working fine here using chrome.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:17:47 PM »
I clicked on this post via my email notice and came right to the secure site.  Using FireFox also. 
I don't log out. I made sure the box for "stay logged in", or "remember me here" was checked. It's been so long since I've had to log in, I can't remember the process. LOL!
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 11:01:47 PM »
Sorry Dano

I thought this was about log(s)

Wrong century.."carry on"

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »
I don't think I ever noticed before, since I was not too concerned about B&B's security, but as I look now, Google Chrome tells me this site is unsecure. I went & deleted the 2 cookies & changed my book mark address to "https://" by adding the "s", & returned. Google Chrome now tells me that the site is Unsecure in the location bar & automatically takes me to a page telling me about it & offering me to enter unsecure, or not. (I now have the 2 cookies back, as soon as i returned.)

So, I go back & repeat the process, but this time I just use the "http://" without the "s"& now the location bar tells me this is an unsecured site, in the location bar, but does not direct me to another page. So, clearly the "secure" "s" setting works in my Chrome, but not for this site.

Since I primarily use Chrome, I have the settings applied where it remembers my username & password , so all I have to do is just hit the Login & I am logged in. The password is blacked out, , and I am not retyping each time I come in, so I am not sure if that is "unsecure" or not.

This now has me curious as to what is going on also. I am not going to lose sleep over this, since i do not place any critical info on here that would help anyone any further than being able to post using my name if they accessed B&B with my username/password. At the same time though, I would like to be secure when I come in here, just as anyone else would. So, I will be watching here to see if something is discovered, to make things better than they currently seem. Or, at least get this cleared up anyway.
 :)

Thanks for giving everyone a "heads up!", Dano! Sharp eyes.
 :thumbsup:

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »
I use Chrome and, so far anyway, have not had any issues with sign in or received any dangerous site warnings.  ????
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)