Author Topic: ? to do with humongous parachute  (Read 252 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
? to do with humongous parachute
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:51:05 PM »
I picked this up for $20 at the regional market. Each gore is about 18 feet. I got 18 bundles of an average 25 foot length of paracord. The real stuff right off the parachute!!!! It say's 1969 Airforce on the box.

It has a very heavy rope still attached to the center with all the gore cords going through a locked Brummel.

I could theoretically hang it from a high point and guy out all the gores for a huge canopy. I don't have any trees that big. I could run an anchor rope between trees to attach it to maybe.

I could make like 8 tents out of it.You only see half. There are two different green sections wadded up. I don't know if it's round or rectangular.

Give me some ideas. I need a few more projects I'll never finish.   :deadhorse:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:05:17 PM by xj35s »
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: ? to do with humongous parachute
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »
Right offhand I can't think of anything, but until you think of something or get some suggestions.......I think it will fit under your card table. :shrug: :lol: :cheers:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 04:57:30 PM »
Lord have mercy I see you looking like me if I brought that home and karen saw it!  :cheers: First thing I thought was canopy.. Good luck my friend.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline 1066vik

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 06:28:18 PM »
canopy comes to mind -- set up a tripod at the center, and some poles at the edges

otherwise, hammocks, carry bags, make your own silnylon for a tarp or maybe a whelen tent, etc....