Author Topic: ?The World?s Most Evil Corporation?  (Read 521 times)

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
?The World?s Most Evil Corporation?
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »
The Complete History of Monsanto

http://www.realfarmacy.com/monsanto-history/

Wolfy's post has a lot of info and others as well, use the search function and read more.
https://bladesandbushlore.com/index.php?topic=11237.0

A lot to read here, I'll copy & paste a few paragraph's,

"Monsanto partners with I.G. Farben, makers of Bayer aspirin and the Third Reich?s go-to chemical manufacturer producing deadly Zyklon-B gas during World War II. Together, the companies use their collective expertise to introduce aspartame, another extremely deadly neurotoxin, into the food supply. When questions surface regarding the toxicity of saccharin, Monsanto exploits this opportunity to introduce yet another of its deadly poisons onto an unsuspecting public."

"1980s: Amid indisputable research that reveals the toxic effects of aspartame and as then FDA commissioner Dr. Jere Goyan was about to sign a petition into law keeping it off the market, Donald Rumsfeld calls Ronald Reagan for a favor the day after he takes office. Reagan fires the uncooperative Goyan and appoints Dr. Arthur Hayes Hull to head the FDA, who then quickly tips the scales in Searle?s favor and NutraSweet is approved for human consumption in dried products.This becomes sadly ironic since Reagan, a known jelly bean and candy enthusiast, later suffers from Alzheimers during his second term, one of the many horrific effects of aspartame consumption.

Stay informed my friends.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: ?The World?s Most Evil Corporation?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:00:07 AM »
Interesting article, Spyder!   I took the following quote from that article and did a limited sleuthing-search on President Reagan's jelly bean of choice, the famous Jelly Belly......

"NutraSweet is approved for human consumption in dried products.This becomes sadly ironic since Reagan, a known jelly bean and candy enthusiast, later suffers from Alzheimers during his second term, one of the many horrific effects of aspartame consumption."

As it turns out, the Jelly Belly company doesn't use aspartame in any of there products.  They use sucralose and maltitol in their sugar-free versions, but I don't think President Reagan used that stuff, either......he was a sugar-freak.   TONS of red, white, and blue beans were sent to the White House during his presidency and the 'licorice' favored bean was his favorite.   Maybe licorice causes Alzheimer's disease? ???
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 05:38:16 PM »
Blaming Monsanto for killing Japanese with the atomic bombs is ludicrous.  They should be congratulating them for saving American soldiers lives by the thousands since the bombs ended having to defeat Japan on the ground.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Punty

• Whetstone +
  • Banned forever from that other forum
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 07:09:31 PM »
Blaming Monsanto for killing Japanese with the atomic bombs is ludicrous.  They should be congratulating them for saving American soldiers lives by the thousands since the bombs ended having to defeat Japan on the ground.

In fact, Japan began trying to negotiate for peace shortly after Midway, and had desperately trying to arrange a negotiated surrender through Russia with the US for months prior to the dropping of the bombs.

The US refused to speak to the Japanese envoys, because it was deemed important to show a demonstration of nuclear power to the Russians before the war ended.

Japan wanted the condition that they could keep their emperor. The US granted that after the bombs.

It's all in declassifed documents now.

So Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not strategically or tactically necessary, they were dropped for political reasons.
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Ecclesiastes 10:10

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
How long ago was the declassification Punty?

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 08:20:28 PM »

In fact, Japan began trying to negotiate for peace shortly after Midway, and had desperately trying to arrange a negotiated surrender through Russia with the US for months prior to the dropping of the bombs.

The US refused to speak to the Japanese envoys, because it was deemed important to show a demonstration of nuclear power to the Russians before the war ended.

Japan wanted the condition that they could keep their emperor. The US granted that after the bombs.

So Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not strategically or tactically necessary, they were dropped for political reasons.

What I have read about it is that they also wanted the empire's government to remain in place and for no occupation to take place.  But it is immaterial because regardless of the politics or lack thereof the bombs ended the war with an unconditional surrender and saved a lot of American lives.

This is not a thread to discuss this politically.  The bottom line is that blaming a chemical company who supplied some ingredients for the construction of the atomic bombs for the bombs being dropped is stupid.  The whole site that is referenced in the opening post is biased to the point of being ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:30:29 PM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 09:02:24 PM »
A little poison can be good.
A whole lot of poison is usually bad.

The article is problematic and a bit ridiculous... nazis, aspirin? 

However, I'd have to read it again to see if there is anything non-factual in it. Biased might be an exaggerated harm in some instances, playing upon propagandized imagery- but what parts are not factual? I didn't read it that carefully.

I do not trust Monsanto, nor others like them.

Offline Punty

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 06:02:27 AM »
  Monsanto also blessed us with Agent Orange and DDT.   At least half the food we buy and eat today is Monsanto product, or manufactured with Monsanto product.

On the Nazi topic...look...Amer ica had lots of business interests in Germany....look into who provided them their oil, who built their tanks (HINT: They were Ford tough), who gave them the capital to rebuild the country after WW1.

If people understand absolutely nothing else about geopolitics, they should understand that war is a corporate enterprise. There is no business ever invented that is more profitable.
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.

Offline OMark

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
    • Survival Gearist
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
Wow thanks for posting. Really, they are the devil in disguise.
Always searching for the best outdoor gear. www.survivalgearist .com

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »

What I have read about it is that they also wanted the empire's government to remain in place and for no occupation to take place.  But it is immaterial because regardless of the politics or lack thereof the bombs ended the war with an unconditional surrender and saved a lot of American lives.

This is not a thread to discuss this politically.  The bottom line is that blaming a chemical company who supplied some ingredients for the construction of the atomic bombs for the bombs being dropped is stupid.  The whole site that is referenced in the opening post is biased to the point of being ridiculous.

Stan, I'll agree with blaming them for the ingredients of the atomic bomb is reaching. But the article was on the history of Monsanto, so I think is appropriate to add to the article.
the point is the crap that is added to the food that a lot of people are unaware and I've seen first hand of health problems people are having that's related to this junk.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »
It is a biased history of Monsanto.  Read about PCB's.  They were invented in 1865 or so and went into big time production in the 1880's in Europe, Germany as I recall.  Later Monsanto bought the main producer.  The site leaves that bit of history out, making it seem that Monsanto was responsible for the whole mess.  There are other areas of the site that are borderline as well.

No one would disagree that Monsanto is a draconian corporation and their practices are, at times, evil.  I have used a fair number of their products as in some instances they were the only game in town.  Glyphos products are now widely made and sold by lots of companies but the site conveniently leaves that out as well.

Enough said by me, back to bushcraft stuff.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Punty

• Whetstone +
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 12:50:11 PM »
  I didn't used to be terribly anti-GMO...until I found out more about it.

I guess crossing and mixing genes from one plant to another, or one fish to another, is OK with me.....but when you start crossing genes of entirely different kingdoms....like caterpillars with vegetables, or bacteria with plants, or insects with plants...there is a line there that I am very uncomfortable with eating.

I used to think of GMO's as sort of an advanced, rapid form of breeding selection....but now that I know it's much more like The Fly, it creeps me out just as much.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 09:13:43 AM »
Not many real facts in the article.  Lots of agenda. 

virtually all the food we eat is from 'modified' plants and animals.  Our dogs, and other pets are 'modified'.  Hell, WE are modified.  Were it not for specialized seeds, fertilizers and such, most of the human race would have starved to death.