Author Topic: simple shower, Hygene...  (Read 82 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
simple shower, Hygene...
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:19:30 PM »
I have sponge bathed many times. I've been wanting one of these even tried making one without success.

I carry two 1 liter water bottles. one to wet down and one to rinse? Anyway as I am tarp camping either with a net tent or hammock underneath I have a way for a quick privacy shelter for washing.

I think this is the best option. does anyone use one of those black collapsible 5 gallon solar shower bag things?

On sale right now for $9.99 on site. It's $16.99 on amazon.

ships from washington state, made in that state with recycled materials, and they employ disabled folks. Be here in 3 day's.

https://www.simple-shower.com/collections/frontpage

This would be much lighter and more compact buy not the volume for real rinsing off.

https://www.amazon.com/Bottle-Blasters-Water-Cap-Accessory/dp/B01K84TTT0/ref=pd_sim_468_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01K84TTT0&pd_rd_r=35K45H2ESW7MFZF067F7&pd_rd_w=qF7zb&pd_rd_wg=zJa8X&psc=1&refRID=35K45H2ESW7MFZF067F7

this is light and compact but look at that price!!

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-to-Summit-Pocket-Shower/dp/B001PR06WO/ref=pd_sim_468_10?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001PR06WO&pd_rd_r=35K45H2ESW7MFZF067F7&pd_rd_w=qF7zb&pd_rd_wg=zJa8X&psc=1&refRID=35K45H2ESW7MFZF067F7
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:31:31 PM by xj35s »
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
Re: simple shower, Hygene...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 05:39:56 PM »
I've got one of the Simple Showers that I keep in my trunk kit in the car. Perfect for rinsing sand off of your feet after being at the beach, or rinsing off my fishing reels after fishing in saltwater. I use it with both standard water bottles and a two liter soda bottle. Works great.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:30:07 PM »
I use a portable shower, might be 5 gallons but more like 3 I think.  It is black plastic with a bottom drain, and hose attached, and a small shower head you can shut off with a clamp.  You can hang it in a tree and warm it up but it takes a little bit of time to get warm. 

Take a pair of swimming trunks along and you can shower without the bother of a shelter.  They work fine for cleaning up after a couple of days and seem to last a long time if you are careful with them around sharp objects.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 06:49:14 PM »
After looking at the Simple  Shower again it occurs to me that my mother used a shower head that fit on a coke bottle to dampen clothing items she was ironing.  That is all that that is.  I bet you could get one of those somewhere just hang a litre or so bottle with a little paracord and your in business.  Not as good as 3 to 5 gallons but better than nothing.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)