Author Topic: POLARTEC CLASSIC 200 FLEECE BIB COVERALLS  (Read 15759 times)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
POLARTEC CLASSIC 200 FLEECE BIB COVERALLS
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »
NEW GI ISSUE BLACK POLARTEC CLASSIC 200 ECWCS FLEECE OVERALLS - SIZES MEDIUM LONG, LARGE/Regular AND EXTRA LARGE SHORT/MEDIUM. 

THEY ARE NEW WITH TAGS AS PICTURED.   

POLARTEC CLASSIC 200 FLEECE FOR COMFORT AND WARMTH!
    ADJUSTABLE STRAPS WITH DETACHABLE CLIPS!
    FULL LENGTH ZIPPERS ON THE LEGS - YOU CAN PUT THEM ON AND TAKE THEM OFF WITHOUT REMOVING YOUR BOOTS.
    FRONT ZIPPER SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS IN THE COLD WITHOUT REMOVING THEM.
    GENUINE G.I. ISSUE! NEW WITH TAGS!
    BLACK MICRO FLEECE, 100% POLYESTER!
    GREAT FOR ANY COLD WEATHER ACTIVITIES, ESPECIALLY OUTDOOR WORK - ROUGHNECK, CONSTRUCTION, HUNTING, FISHING, keep a pair or three in each of your vehicles.

$10 each plus shipping, 2 for $20 with free shipping and if you want them by the case PM me for case pricing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:39:43 PM by Wilderbeast »
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: POLARTEC CLASSIC 200 FLEECE BIB COVERALLS
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »
I had a pair of Patagonias like these and they were awesome.  And 150% more expensive. 

I'm a 34 waist and about a 33 give er take inseam.  Think a medium would fit?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »
I had a pair of Patagonias like these and they were awesome.  And 150% more expensive. 

I'm a 34 waist and about a 33 give er take inseam.  Think a medium would fit?

I think you are in the sweet spot for a medium long. 
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:32:38 PM »
pm incoming.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:27:42 PM »
Just a bump because I just put 800 of these into my barn because my storage is full  :doh:

So buy a few and help me free up space so my llama has a place to sleep.  O:-)

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
Just a bump because I just put 800 of these into my barn because my storage is full  :doh:

:rofl:

poor llama

Creek  :rofl:
Axes Rock!

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »

:rofl:

poor llama

Creek  :rofl:

Don't mess with the llama.

DEAL TIME

Buy two or more and it's FREE SHIPPING in the USA.

Cases of 20 for $100 shipped.

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 09:16:50 PM »
I received 2 pair of these today.  One pair will go into my emergency bag.  The other will get worn when it gets frosty and I go skiing.  Easy on and off with boots because of the side zips.

You can't beat the price on these.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 08:05:06 AM »
Thanks Tony.
Mike, I'd like to get the family in Tn these. Can you give me a run down on what size range this would fit. some ski and others work/play outdoors.

Thanks Spyder
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »
Thanks Tony.
Mike, I'd like to get the family in Tn these. Can you give me a run down on what size range this would fit. some ski and others work/play outdoors.

Thanks Spyder

OK, the published range for the Medium/Long is waist 31"-35" and inseam 32.5"-35.5"
The XL/Short regular goes for waist 39"-43" and inseam 26.5" to 32.5"

Those are the size ranges they are made for but I put a bunch of small people (like 5' tall little folks) into the medium last winter for some sledding and they worked tolerably well with the suspenders cinched up and the legs rolled up. 

I think you could go a bit above and below the published sizes without too much trouble.

Offline Trkbusa06

• Whetstone +
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 12:52:47 AM »
Can you keep a pair of XL on hand for me until you get more stuff I wanna buy from ya haha, Dave on shipping lol.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 05:35:21 AM »
Can you keep a pair of XL on hand for me until you get more stuff I wanna buy from ya haha, Dave on shipping lol.

I don't think that will be a problem.

Offline Trkbusa06

• Whetstone +
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 03:10:04 PM »
Awesome

Offline dancan

• Whetstone +
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »
I won't be cold this winter :)
Thanks Wilderbeast !

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »
I won't be cold this winter :)
Thanks Wilderbeast !

Glad it made across the border in decent time.

Offline Trkbusa06

• Whetstone +
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 01:17:44 AM »
Forgot about these.......Any XL left? Also, maybe I'm being dumb but, are these an outer layer or inner? I would assume the fleece prom is just inside for insulation?  Lol sorry, again is late and I'm at work lol.

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 01:48:50 AM »
If it's dry and not windy I can use my pile alone.  Wet or windy you'll want a shell over them.  I've used this material under drysuits under strenuous situations.  Soaking wet from perspiration  I have stayed warm.  Much lighter than wool when wet.  Cheaper too.  Don't tell the Beast.  He'll charge more.  >:D
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline U.W.

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Whetstone +
  • Charred Cloth Challenge
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 06:26:11 PM »
These things are great!  I wore them as pajama pants two nights ago in a hammock.  Temp dropped to 18F, light breeze over the lake; and I had only a single 20 dollar walmart sleeping bag and poncho woobie - Didn't get cold one  - bit all night. 

Thanks for the outstanding pants WilderBeast!!  They did an excellent job!

u.w.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
I've got plenty of xl left. I'm out of time for a couple of days. Shoot me a pm. Thanks for your comments guys.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 08:06:38 AM »
I gave 4 pair of these out for Christmas to family and my son in-law said they are the best piece of hunting gear he owns.

You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
Just an Arctic Vortex bump. I'm pretty sure even this guy  >:D is getting chilly right now.

I have plenty of medium and XL.  I'll have large in stock in the next week or two. 

Every time I try to go pick up the large I get snowed in.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
    WB, I am interested. I wear a lot of XL stuff & even some 2XL stuff depending on maker, But I am not sure how these compare So maybe you could tell me if the XL would be a good fit. Using blue/denin jeans as a example, I wear 33-34 waist & 34 inseam. I think I wear a 44-46 chest size in most coats. I would be wearing these "over" jeans & shirt/sweater/sweatshirt & if possible sometimes over my jacket/coat.  I have a pair of carhardts that I use that are 36x30, and they work, but are not long in the legs. (Which isn't trouble since they stay up out of the snow & water, but are not the length I want. They were a good deal or I wouldn't have bought that size. ;) )

So , that is about the best info I can give to try to get the right size without trying a pair on. Can ya help me out & thin the XL will work?
:)

I will get 2 pair if they fit & I will also mention these to me sons to see if they are interested also.

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 03:50:38 PM »
    WB, I am interested. I wear a lot of XL stuff & even some 2XL stuff depending on maker, But I am not sure how these compare So maybe you could tell me if the XL would be a good fit. Using blue/denin jeans as a example, I wear 33-34 waist & 34 inseam. I think I wear a 44-46 chest size in most coats. I would be wearing these "over" jeans & shirt/sweater/sweatshirt & if possible sometimes over my jacket/coat.  I have a pair of carhardts that I use that are 36x30, and they work, but are not long in the legs. (Which isn't trouble since they stay up out of the snow & water, but are not the length I want. They were a good deal or I wouldn't have bought that size. ;) )

So , that is about the best info I can give to try to get the right size without trying a pair on. Can ya help me out & thin the XL will work?

I will get 2 pair if they fit & I will also mention these to me sons to see if they are interested also.

JB,

We have the same waist and chest measurements, my inseam is shorter.  I wear the medium over my pants and would call it a "trim fit".

The XL would probably be a similar fit for you to the 36x30 carhardts, that is, a little short in the legs, a little roomy in the waist.

If you want I can send you one of each, try them on and I'll send you a second one of the size that fits.  You just cover shipping on it.

You can keep the one that doesn't fit, it'll surely fit someone you know.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 06:53:05 PM »
   Mike, That is a generous deal, & I will take it, but I want to make things right on the 3rd pair, other than just paying the shipping. We can figure out something, so I don't feel as though I am shorting ya...

So , let me know what the arrangements will be & I will Paypal tonite.
:D

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 04:42:37 PM »
I just picked up some size large/regular, so I now have these available in sizes:

Medium/Long
Large/Regular
Extra Large/regular

Come and get 'em.  2 for $20 shipped in the USA.  It's like I'm practically giving them away  :)

Offline 1066vik

• Whetstone +
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »
I run a 38-39 waist -- would the large fit or would I be better off with the XL?

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »
I run a 38-39 waist -- would the large fit or would I be better off with the XL?

You are right on the boarder between a large and XL.  I'd go up to XL.

Offline Double Ott

• Whetstone +
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 05:52:35 PM »
I just ordered three pair of the Polartic Bibs and two pair of the Arctic mittens. Mike sure makes buying from him a simple pleasure.
We bought a nice used snowmobile a week ago and these will sure come in nicely for the rest of the winter  season.
Thanks Mike, Tom
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:39:14 PM by Double Ott »
Double Ott  aka Tom
Northern Wisconsin

Offline Double Ott

• Whetstone +
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »
My three pair of Polartec bibs arrived today. Best ten bucks I have spent in a long time. They are simply fantastic. All three pair seem to be NEW!! They all came with pulls on all the zippers.

We snowmobile and snowshoe during the winter months. Sometimes go ice fishing and take the kids sledding. These will be great for all these winter activities.

If you live in the north, I would highly recommend that you get a pair or more of them.

Mike, thank you for the fast handling and the priority shipping.

Tom
Double Ott  aka Tom
Northern Wisconsin

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 12:35:31 PM »
My three pair of Polartec bibs arrived today. Best ten bucks I have spent in a long time. They are simply fantastic. All three pair seem to be NEW!! They all came with pulls on all the zippers.

We snowmobile and snowshoe during the winter months. Sometimes go ice fishing and take the kids sledding. These will be great for all these winter activities.

If you live in the north, I would highly recommend that you get a pair or more of them.

Mike, thank you for the fast handling and the priority shipping.

Tom

Tom,

These are surplus but they are brand new and never issued as you saw.  I actually removed them from the plastic to make it easier to ship.

Very glad you are satisfied.

Thanks for your purchase, now get out and enjoy that snow mobile.

Mike

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
     I got 3 pair about two weeks ago & Yes! They are nice & worth every cent. I am going to show them off when I can, to some friends & family, So ya might want to get a few pair before the word gets out!
;D

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 02:13:30 PM »
Mine are probably here too but the USPS won't deliver packages to our house that are too big to fit in the mailbox cause our house is over the 1/4 mile from the public road limit they have.  I will go get the package on Tuesday, the next time I will be in town.   :P
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2014, 03:36:56 PM »
For the guys who got them...or Beast... do these only come down to the tops of your boots, or like regular pants?
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 03:53:05 PM »
For the guys who got them...or Beast... do these only come down to the tops of your boots, or like regular pants?

That is going to depend on the length of your inseam, the height of your boot and the size of the fleece you get.

how is that for non-committal? 

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »

That is going to depend on the length of your inseam, the height of your boot and the size of the fleece you get.

You have a future as a car salesman or a politician.  :)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »

LOL...yea, what he said

Offline Double Ott

• Whetstone +
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »
I just took a look at my three pair...I got one in each size. Looking at them they would easily fit over the top of a pair of Sorels. Now common sense would be if they are long enough to fit that way. So, yes they will fit over a boot, if they are long enough.
Hows that? Mike did give the inseam measurements above.

Love mine, they are very nice...good luck guys.

Tom
Double Ott  aka Tom
Northern Wisconsin

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
OK, the published range for the Medium/Long is waist 31"-35" and inseam 32.5"-35.5"
The XL/regular goes for waist 39"-43" and inseam 26.5" to 32.5"
And the Large/regular waist is 35-39 and inseam up to 32.5"

LOL...yea, what he said

Perhaps I had a past as one of those two, or both.   >:D

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2014, 06:29:46 PM »
I just took a look at my three pair...I got one in each size. Looking at them they would easily fit over the top of a pair of Sorels. Now common sense would be if they are long enough to fit that way. So, yes they will fit over a boot, if they are long enough.

Tom

Thanks....the reason I was a little confused is I came across info out in cyberland that mentioned these were made to end at mid calf ( I suppose to keep the bottoms from getting soaked? )  wasn't sure if that's how folks were buying them or if they were ordering much larger sizes to get a bit extra length to the inseam.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »

Tom

Thanks....the reason I was a little confused is I came across info out in cyberland that mentioned these were made to end at mid calf ( I suppose to keep the bottoms from getting soaked? )  wasn't sure if that's how folks were buying them or if they were ordering much larger sizes to get a bit extra length to the inseam.

Trouser liners are certainly sized to wear above the boot.  Might be where the confusion originates.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 04:22:03 PM »
Mine were at the post office and I went in early to get them.  They are gonna be great under my gore-tex shells and other overpants.  They do only come to mid-calf on me with a 32" inseam but I don't see that as a problem unless your trying to make a fashion statement.  Excellent quality.  Thanks Mike.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Sarge

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »
I received two pair today. They are awesome! Quick turn around time, great product and an excellent value. Thanks, Wilderbeast
"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Seasonal bump

I still have these available in sizes:

Medium/Long
Large/Regular
Extra Large/regular

Prices are in the top post, unchanged from last year while supplies last.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 11:02:37 AM »
  These have been tested by me in last years cold Minnesota winter & they work just great! I even gave away as a gift. Also great just to wear around the house with a sweatshirt as just comfortable warm lounging wear.

Very good deal!
:thumbsup:

I may even get some more to give as gifts for Christmas. I will let ya know Mike. The "2nd season" approaches...
;)

Offline wannabe

• Whetstone +
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 05:23:34 PM »
Hi, what's the cost to ship 2 pairs to Toronto? Thanks.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »
Hi, what's the cost to ship 2 pairs to Toronto? Thanks.

Hi,

USPS International First Class is $18.82 for 2 to Canada.

Thanks.

Offline wannabe

• Whetstone +
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to get a quote but as usual, the shipping kills another cross-border purchase. I'd be knee deep in your gear if it weren't so expensive to ship.

Offline 1066vik

• Whetstone +
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »
got my 2 pair today - 2-way full length zippers on the sides, 2-way zipper on the front. 
had the long been available, I'd be happier, since then it would have reached down to mid-calf, but at this point they can't bunch up in my boots.  :D
these are as described, NIB, and scary warm.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2014, 07:47:36 AM »
Arctic Blast Cold Bump.

Getting down to the last of these so get them while you can.

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »
Arctic Blast Cold Bump.

Getting down to the last of these so get them while you can.

I got the hint!

PM sent!
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/