Author Topic: smiley ref  (Read 9787 times)

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
smiley ref
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
I noticed you can't access the smileys when you're modifying a post, bummer. So I thought this thread could be a cut and paste reference as a band-aid for that issue...
smile :) 
wink ;)
big smile :D
big wink ;D
angry eyebrows >:(
bummed :(
cool  8)
wha? ???
tongue :P
embarrassed  :-[ 
ziplip :-X
can't decide :-\
smooch  :-*
cryin' :'(
devil >:D
angel O:-)

not sure how to add the fancy ones...

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
Re: smiley ref
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »
8)

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »
If you can tell me how you got the codes to appear without the actual emoticons appearing, then I can post the codes for the ones in the [more] popup.

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »
in the "Attachments and other options " menu at the bottom of the post creation screen, there's an option "Don't use smileys."  Check the box.
I don't know why I couldn't figure out how to post the [more] menu before. stupid logic leaps....
comin up
Its gonna have to be 2 posts because I don't think you can have the smileys on and off in the same post, least not without knowing more HTML than my none.
I'll try to remember to come back and edit the original post here when more get added.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:24:44 AM by Binalith »

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
1 :banana:

2:camp:

3:cheers:

4:choptree:

5:chopwood:

6:drool:

7:devil:

8:puke:

9:rofl:

10:taunt:

11:welcome:

12:rolleyes:

13:shocked:

14:crazy:

15:popcorn:

16:shrug:

17:spider:

18:lol:

20:fire1:

21:fire2:

22:tent:

23:birthday:

24:duel:

25:sarcasm:

26:soap:

27:stir:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:40:04 PM by Binalith »

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 09:35:24 PM »
1 :banana:
2:camp:
3:cheers:
4:choptree:
5:chopwood:
6:drool:
7:devil:
8:puke:
9:rofl:
10:taunt:
11:welcome:
12:rolleyes:
13:shocked:
14:crazy:
15:popcorn:
16:shrug:
17:spider:
18:lol:
20:fire1:
21:fire2:
22:tent:
23:birthday:
24:duel:
25:sarcasm:
26:soap:
27:stir:

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »
Nice, and I learned something in the process... :)

I'll make it a sticky.

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »

Offline Dano

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »
You guys absolutely blow me away with this stuff!!

I just woke up from a day medicine coma this morning and saw all this...WOW is all I can say!

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »
I wish number 10 would go away...   makes me want to get my bb gun out and shoot at em... EVERY time...    ping...plink... ponk...  ding ding ding!!!

But then again.. maybe this time I'll win a knife instead of a pink elephant..... mmmm....

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline MATT CHAOS

• Water Stone
  • M.E.S.H. Knives
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »
I got another smiley question.  Is there anyway to make the normal stock of smileys colored.  Not necessarily animated but just colored?

Thanks
Jontok Bushy Approved    Member#28   
1st Aid/CPR/AED Wilderness 1st Aid Instructor

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »
I got another smiley question.  Is there anyway to make the normal stock of smileys colored.  Not necessarily animated but just colored?

Thanks

the actual smiley set came in a whole spectrum of colors but we chose white because it was the only ones we could agree on. :d I did like the green ones and the purple ones.

But now after adding all these custom smileys to the white set it would be a PITA to switch to another set and have to re-upload all the custom ones to the new location. Maybe I could figure out how to move them en masse using the FTP client.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 06:19:21 PM »
LOL! I'm still downloading smilies from my PB account when I don't find the appropriate one here.  ;D
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
I recently realized that I'm an idiot. Also you you can click the modify icon on top instead of regular ol edit below and obviate this thread entirely.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
I recently realized that I'm an idiot. Also you you can click the modify icon on top instead of regular ol edit below and obviate this thread entirely.
I must be an idiot, too, because I don't see an "edit" option, only "modify"..... :shrug:
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »
Just testing out the emoji keyboard on my iPhone.

👎💤💤💤🙈🔥
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:32:35 PM by greyhound352 »
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
Smiley test......

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 11:04:05 AM »
Looks like some of the smileys ended up broken in the recent tapatalk fix. I will get them sorted out in the next couple of days.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »
Looks like some of the smileys ended up broken in the recent tapatalk fix. I will get them sorted out in the next couple of days.
Might be an opportunity to add a few?

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 01:47:47 PM »
Provided they can be verified public domain.

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »

They work fine for me...
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »

They work fine for me...
Well, LAH DE FRICKIN' DAH.....they DON'T work for me & that's the IMPORTANT thing! >:(.

(Yellow guy rolling on the floor laughing his a$$ off)......SEE, it just ain't the same! :'(
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 05:38:19 PM »

They work fine for me...
Well, LAH DE FRICKIN' DAH.....they DON'T work for me & that's the IMPORTANT thing! >:(.

(Yellow guy rolling on the floor laughing his a$$ off)......SEE, it just ain't the same! :'(

Welll. the truth is, they did work fine everything was going great...groovy man.....and then Moe got all pissed went on a huge rant, and the smileys got Fukasheemad....I swear its true  ;D

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
The additional smileys are not even showing up in the popup window for me now. I have all the switches turned on to show/use smileys, but all I get is a block of text in that window with the names. Not even links to them.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 12:02:17 AM »
   This is what I see when I try to use the "[more]" smileys. It is a screen shot.

It sucks, because I like to use the smileys.
 :(   < sad face

I am sure it will get fixed , once the tapatalk fiasco is over.
 ;)  < a wink.

LOL for some reason those "basic" smileys seem to be working for me, or at least I can see them, instead of some little window looking thingees.
 :-\
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 12:15:37 AM »
Yeah, those "basic" ones are what I would call "hard coded" into the software. The others live outside the program and are linked to the editor. That be broke.

Here's what >I< get:

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
  • Canadian Woods Loafer & Certified Nobody
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 08:37:24 AM »
I MISS MY DANCING BANANA!!! BRING BACK THE DANCING BANANA!!! PLEASE!!!

;D

The simpler ones work; all the 'good ones' don't... :'(
What if you woke up today, with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Ok, it looks like our emoticon directory has somehow changed in the process of fixing the tapatalk problem. I am running another FTP backup since we now have tapatalk working (and we are now upgraded to SMF 2.0.7 from 2.0.5). Once the backup is complete, I can take a look and see what happened to the file. It is possibly still there and I just need to tell the software where to look again.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »
  Thanks PW! I, for one, am possibly going thru some kind of "Smiley withdrawal" or something...LOL

;D
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 11:36:30 AM »
Ok, it looks like our emoticon directory has somehow changed in the process of fixing the tapatalk problem. I am running another FTP backup since we now have tapatalk working (and we are now upgraded to SMF 2.0.7 from 2.0.5). Once the backup is complete, I can take a look and see what happened to the file. It is possibly still there and I just need to tell the software where to look again.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
Alright. Bad news folks. The smileys we all know and love are gone.

If you guys can find the ones you liked to use elsewhere online and post them here, I can upload them again. Meanwhile, I will look on my computer and see if I still have the smiley file where they were stored. It has been a couple of years, and I have re-installed my OS a few times since so I might no longer have the file.

They all exist out there in the world somewhere, it's just a matter of finding them and getting them back together in one place.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »
Alright. Bad news folks. The smileys we all know and love are gone.

If you guys can find the ones you liked to use elsewhere online and post them here, I can upload them again. Meanwhile, I will look on my computer and see if I still have the smiley file where they were stored. It has been a couple of years, and I have re-installed my OS a few times since so I might no longer have the file.

They all exist out there in the world somewhere, it's just a matter of finding them and getting them back together in one place.
When we started out, you were taking requests for smileys. There is a thread somewhere here (archived?) that had them all. Maybe the code/links for them are still intact?

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 11:52:27 AM »
   I hope ya get a lot of "Thank You"s" from the ones who are using tapatalk for your efforts, PW.
LOL

To have all of us having to sacrifice our smileys....Oh... I will have to go out in the woods & see if I can pull myself together after hearing this bad news... Oh... the agony...

;D

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »
PW, here is the link to the thread. Some are still intact, and can be moved to the new file location:

http://bladesandbushcraft.com/index.php/topic,855.msg13487.html#msg13487

Here is a source of pub domain smileys:

http://www.brothersinhonour.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 11:57:51 AM »
Ok, some good news. I found all of the smileys on the FTP server!

However, they are not in the right directory. I have moved them 9i think) to the right directory and we will see if they work now...

:thumbsup: :banana: :devil:  :mjolnir:

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 12:02:19 PM »
 :tent: :deadhorse: :pissed: :soap: :sarcasm: :duel: :birthday: :coffee: :doh: :crazy: :popcorn: :rolleyes: :shocked: :welcome: :taunt: :rofl: :puke: :lol: :choptree: :chopwood: :drool: :cheers: :camp: :fire2: :sarcasm:

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »
Yeeaaah!  Thanks Much!
 :cheers: :drool: :banana:

:banana:

Well... I still have to go out in the 5 F cold & even worse windchill, but now it is for a celebration & Duke needs to run a bit.. He has Cabin fever.
 ;D

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 12:10:44 PM »
 :banana: :cheers: :thumbsup: :hail:

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 01:12:59 PM »
Just testing

Sent from my LG-C900B using Tapatalk

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
Just testing

Smileys typically don't play nice with tapatalk. They never have. :shrug:

It often recognizes the first few characters of one of our custom smileys as something in it's standard list and displays it as such, along with the remaining characters.

for example, the "shrug" smiley I posted above, looks very different on tapatalk. It recognizes the first two characters, a colon and the letter "S" as a different smiley from the app's own list, and displays it, along with "hrug:".

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
Just testing

Smileys typically don't play nice with tapatalk. They never have. :shrug:

It often recognizes the first few characters of one of our custom smileys as something in it's standard list and displays it as such, along with the remaining characters.

for example, the "shrug" smiley I posted above, looks very different on tapatalk. It recognizes the first two characters, a colon and the letter "S" as a different smiley from the app's own list, and displays it, along with "hrug:".
"Gotta know when to hold 'em, know when t' fold 'em, know when to walk away...."

DON'T FIX ANYTHING ELSE!!!!  :spider: ;D

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 02:54:40 PM »
Just got back from the gun show and the good news about the smilies! :banana:   I must rely on those things pretty heavily to be semi-understood, because I sure missed them! :shrug:   

Thanks for getting them back, PW :hail:

Oh, and I take back what I said about banning Bearhunter! :doh:  :rofl:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
 :doh: