Author Topic: Day hikes on the DelMarVa peninsula  (Read 668 times)

Offline silenthunterstudios

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
  • Slipjoint Addict
Day hikes on the DelMarVa peninsula
« on: July 25, 2014, 08:25:43 AM »
After work this Saturday I'll be heading to Ocean City MD for a week spent with family in the bustling resort town.  I believe it is just nostalgia that keeps me coming back, but traveling to areas outside OC help.  I've got plans of visiting Chincoteague VA and the rest of the lower VA portion of the DelMarVa, the small town of Crisfield MD, and my brother in law wants to go over to Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge further inland to the Chesapeake Bay.  I also plan on checking out the Delaware seashore, from Lewes to Fenwick Island, lots of beach trails and a small park near the Lewes ferry.  I am a fat guy getting out there, no expert by any means.  These days hikes are pretty much what I am limited to right now, with the issues from a broken back and leg sustained in an accident I was in a couple years ago contributing to my limited mobility.  I have been doing a lot better, and hiked a small portion of the Appalachian Trail several weeks ago (it was only about 50 yards, but I can say I hiked the AT ;), after I visited Washington Monument State Park). 

I've gotta say that living in Maryland I am blessed to live in this state.  The ocean a three hour drive away, the mountains a three hour drive away, and the Bay an hour drive away.  Beautiful country side and some great parks just outside my door.  I will post pics using Tapatalk from my iPhone.   
Tusker User Group #13 and Cult of the Peanut

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
Re: Day hikes on the DelMarVa peninsula
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »
Best rehab is the outdoors. You got to get out there and do it before it works. Go have fun and come back and share your accomplishments.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
Nothing refreshes ones mind any better than a good walk in good country.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 05:17:54 PM »
i spent a year living in Wheaton MD, worked in silversprings and dated a gal in Rockville another in Gaithersburg...i was twenty one years old, just out of the army and living large...drowned a nice guitar running a small rapid on the patuxent river...wow that was fun!...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!