Bushlore Topics > Fire!

Fire lays and builds, when to use each one.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pennsylvania Mike:
Really enjoyed your post about ?Fire lays and builds, when to use each one?.   Very well done, I really like how you explained the purpose for each fire and pictures or drawings of each one tool.   The only thing I can compare your article is to The Official Boy Scout Handbook printed in 1979, if you don?t have a copy you should get one, it starts on page 107 and end on page 116, you could probably find this book on eBay or yard sales and flea markets.

RedBeard:
I do have one of the original boy scout handbooks. It does a great job explaining how to make the fire, but not so much on how to use it. And not a bad idea on the ebook. Maybe I could make this post into a chapter and build.

madmax:

--- Quote from: RedBeard on April 09, 2015, 08:04:26 AM ---I do have one of the original boy scout handbooks. It does a great job explaining how to make the fire, but not so much on how to use it. And not a bad idea on the ebook. Maybe I could make this post into a chapter and build.

--- End quote ---

It would be cool to read about your life experiences too.  That, I'm sure, would fill a book.  Do a draft. Get a publisher.  And stay positive on publishing.

Orbean:

--- Quote from: Pennsylvania Mike on April 09, 2015, 07:40:11 AM ---Really enjoyed your post about ?Fire lays and builds, when to use each one?.   Very well done, I really like how you explained the purpose for each fire and pictures or drawings of each one tool.   The only thing I can compare your article is to The Official Boy Scout Handbook printed in 1979, if you don?t have a copy you should get one, it starts on page 107 and end on page 116, you could probably find this book on eBay or yard sales and flea markets.

--- End quote ---

I have that book, the very first "bushcraft" book I ever owned. Brings back lots of memories

MnSportsman:
  Nice write up! Thanks for sharing it with everyone here!
:thumbsup:    :cheers:

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version