General Discussion > General Discussion

Hello Mailman

(1/4) > >>

greyhound352:
The mailman dropped off two packages today. The small envelope contains the new hammock straps from Arrowhead Equipment. Yesterday I got a package with the carbiners to go with the straps. Looking forward to going out and hanging on Monday.

The larger box contains a like new Military goretex modular sleep system bag. These bags have been getting alot of good reviews and I am looking forward to using on my next camping trip. Hopefully I can get some colder weather for the trip.

Pics to follow later.

Nelson:
Awesome for you Grey. Would love to see your thought on the sleep system. I have been thinking about one for some time now. Looking forward to it.

rogumpogum:
Yeah, I'd like to hear thoughts on sleep systems and hammocks too.. I tried to navigate Hammock Forums about that, but I feared I'd hear all about underquilts and topquilts and I'd rather NOT use those. I overnight when it's warm, I don't go out when it's colder than 50-60 degrees at night. I don't see why I couldn't make do with a woobie or a wool blanket. Thoughts?

For reference, likely buying a Warbonnet Traveler.

greyhound352:

--- Quote from: pickledpinecone on February 11, 2012, 11:17:10 AM ---Yeah, I'd like to hear thoughts on sleep systems and hammocks too.. I tried to navigate Hammock Forums about that, but I feared I'd hear all about underquilts and topquilts and I'd rather NOT use those. I overnight when it's warm, I don't go out when it's colder than 50-60 degrees at night. I don't see why I couldn't make do with a woobie or a wool blanket. Thoughts?

For reference, likely buying a Warbonnet Traveler.

--- End quote ---

For my hammock I have grand trunk double nothing fancy.

I am no hammock expert but I don't think underquilts and topquilts are needed for weather over 30 degrees. My first weekend in the hammock it got down to 40 degrees and all I had was two cheap sleeping bags. I sleep in one and had the other one underneath me. I believe with the new setup I would be fine to at least 30 degrees.

I had talked to a fellow member on the same trip and he was sleeping in the back of his truck with the Military goretex modular sleep system and he said he was fine with the temperatures.

rogumpogum:
Ah, good, thanks. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version