Bushlore Topics > Fire!

Fire Thong

(1/3) > >>

zammer:
Came across this method http://www.primitiveways.com/Fire%20Thong.html thanks to Dino Labiste for putting the article together  :fire1:

Here's a pic showing a two man set-up...

kanukkarhu:
You know, I know I shouldn't...

So I won't.

Thanks for sharing Zam-man! :)

PetrifiedWood:
I was expecting a totally different method. There is a fire thing technique that uses long flexible strips of bamboo or vines to generate heat in a notched hearth board by rapidly pulling them back and forth. You can get a steel cable as from a bicycle brake cable to do the same thing. It will get smoking hot.The key is to arrange your materials in such a way that the hot dust collects in one place to form an ember like a bow drill does.

zammer:

--- Quote from: kanukkarhu on August 02, 2014, 10:25:41 PM ---You know, I know I shouldn't...
So I won't.
Thanks for sharing Zam-man! :)

--- End quote ---

Your welcome as always my friend...however, I might know what you mean in 99.9% of cases, this one fails me as to what you mean...lol

--- Quote from: PetrifiedWood on August 03, 2014, 01:08:17 AM ---I was expecting a totally different method. There is a fire thing technique that uses long flexible strips of bamboo or vines to generate heat in a notched hearth board by rapidly pulling them back and forth. You can get a steel cable as from a bicycle brake cable to do the same thing. It will get smoking hot.The key is to arrange your materials in such a way that the hot dust collects in one place to form an ember like a bow drill does.

--- End quote ---

So, your saying you have learned a new method? if so, then the time and effort to post this in our new Forum was worth it ...  :fire1:

kanukkarhu:
Just some random "your thong's on fire?" grade school stuff, Zammer. But I was mature and didn't go there... Yay me. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version