Author Topic: Farmfest  (Read 1281 times)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
Farmfest
« on: February 08, 2016, 05:22:33 AM »
Spent the weekend at Mike's in what may become a regular event.  It was a great time.  While Dean couldn't make it (hope you're feeling better brother) we managed to shoot just a little with the weapons that people brought to shoot and share. (No, we did not shoot the hawk....or the puppy)

And of course......no Krac outing would be complete without Chef Greg working his magic.

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
Re: Farmfest
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:55:29 AM »
Great pictures Dave! I love the hawk pictures. What a spread of fire arms. I knew there were a lot of them. I love the lever action one at the bottom.
The more you look with your eyes the less you will truly see.

Offline hushnel

• Water Stone
  • Florida Cracker since 1960
    • Barclay Customs
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:11:26 AM »
Is that gun oil in the jar,  or another kind of lubricant?  Good picture of the hawk, I'll have to post the story of his rescue here some day.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 04:39:15 PM »
Had a great time at the farm this past weekend. Many thanks Mike for all of the hospitality and allowing all of us to crash the farm, we really appreciate it. Also a big shoutout to Crash for helping me setup camp in the damp darkness Thursday evening and to Red for having the patience to school me on some leather work.

The shooting time was excellent. Thanks Sam and Dave for bringing your awesome collections of guns and allowing me the opportunity to shoot them all, it was a blast. The metal targets I brought along worked great. I was planning on leaving them at the farm, but when I went to retrieve them they were all muddy and in need of some paint, so I just threw them in my car and I'll clean them up and drop them off the on the next trip to the farm.

Here's a few pictures I took.

Had a little biscuit dough left over from breakfast, so I cooked up Red a big boy biscuit.

Range time shots:

Sgtmcboom doing some forge work:

CrashDive doing some grinding:

Stripper Barbies. Someone else will have to explain the backstory on this:

The pot scrubber brush I made:

Here's a hatchet sheath that Red helped me finish. I had already formed it and drilled the holes. At the farm we made the strap, put on the snap and rivet, the did the finishing. Thanks again Red or your patience.

After I got home, I stitched it up. Let's just say this, it has a lot of character, but I'm happy to have my first completed leather work, after many attempts.

CrashDive and YellowYak Dueling Henry .22 video:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:01:59 PM by Yellowyak »

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 07:51:27 PM »
Great pictures Dave! I love the hawk pictures. What a spread of fire arms. I knew there were a lot of them. I love the lever action one at the bottom.
Pete,

That's my Henry Golden Boy .22 Lever Action in that picture. It sure is a fun gun to shoot. Same gun I'm using in the video with Dave above.

Offline BigHat

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • hobo-crafter
    • BigHat Youtube
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 04:33:54 AM »
looks likes a great time was had by all.

thanks for sharing
"you're doing it wrong!"  -everyone
"Doesn't matter what knife you're good with, if you're good with a knife." -Yeoman