Author Topic: Snow  (Read 97 times)

Offline John Van Gelder

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
Snow
« on: December 06, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »
Anyone have snow yet ?  I got my first real snow last week, I have about 5", enough so my tracked rig "floats" over logs and rocks. 

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »
Nothing in Nova Scotia yet. We've had some flurries but not even a cm and not longer than a day.
Looking forward to it though.
"Learning is an interruption of the failure process"
- Me, 2014

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »
We got around 4" with some interesting drifts that 55 mph wind will produce.  95% of my driveway or about 400 yards was bare.  The other 40 yards was cross drifts up to 3 feet deep.

The wind was just terrible.  You were afraid the trees were going to come crashing down on the house and shop.  I could have sent Wolfy an airmail letter by just throwing it up in the wind.   :P
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 02:06:42 PM »
I had my butterfly net at the ready, Stan! ;D   Nothing but a skift of snow here, but we had the same 50+mph winds driving it.   I-29 was closed at Vermillion due to visibility problems and that's just 10 miles away from us. :coffee:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:31 PM »
Those high winds wreaked havoc between Kadoka and Rapid I guess.  They put a travel warning on Hwy 34 from Belle Fourche to Whitewood too.

Hope things stay better for time.  I can take snow and cold pretty well but those high winds are just misery. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline John Van Gelder

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 07:17:36 AM »
I do not get much wind up here, but when I do it is spectacular, and I can always count on power outages during a good wind storm.

I have a 1/4 mile of driveway, so when it gets plugged it is a chore cleaning it out, it is good to have a tractor with a front end loader..!