Author Topic: we are different  (Read 247 times)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
we are different
« on: June 17, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »
people here and other like minded fourms, were different than say the majority of
others. many of the things we speak of here on a daily basis, most folks would not understand.
some may say why do want to start fires all the time what are you a firebug? or something.
they just don't get it.
or why do you NEED so many knives anyway i love that one. again they dont get it.
you say your a bushcrafter and you get a blank expresssion. or you mean your one of those
people that jump out from behing a bush an hold folks up, no you say that's a bushwacker.

i like collecting knives and anyhow this is america so i can. show once the average sheeple
the art of firestarting be it flint and steel or a bowdrill and thier amazed.
yeah i must say were differnt. and i'm glad. so anyhoo what are your thoughts
on this.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:41:37 PM by hayshaker »

Offline wannabe

• Whetstone +
Re: we are different
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 06:36:33 AM »
What's your point? Demeaning others - "sheeple" to make yourself feel special makes you worse than them. What makes their beliefs or lifestyle any less valid than yours?

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »
not that i'm demeaning others i was only saying were different and that's a good thing.
as for sheeple, it is what it is, i make no opologies for that.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 02:08:15 PM »
We have a lot of "sheeple" in our Country.  No problem with telling it like it is.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline SIXFOOTER

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
  • Wandering Smartass
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:59:49 AM »
We do have a lot of sheeple, no 2 ways about that. That said, IMHO they are not sheeple on purpose, they just do not know any better and they are just as much a product of their upbringing as WE are, we just had the good fortune to have people with skills and knowledge teach us.
The problem I see with ignorant people is they do not realize they are ignorant, they thing they are completely normal and in the majority. Those are the ones that are a problem and constantly seek to limit what we can do, to protect us from ourselves.

I was going somewhere with this...friggin mondays
Maker of all things Archaic, Hoarder of Gear and Fluent speaker of BS
Sixfooter got bit by a snake like that once, then after 4 agonizing days... The snake finally died....

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
I tried to figure out if people were really 'ignorant' or just 'apathetic,' then I came to realize that I don't know and I don't care! :rofl:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »
People are different......that's pretty much it.

When one attempts to press their values on others,... is where the problems start.

You say sheeple.....They say nut job.....Sooooo....W ho is correct....?
Geezer Squad, Evoking the 50 year old rule..First 50 years, worried about the small stuff, second 50 years....Not so much