Author Topic: what did you have for dinner?  (Read 78790 times)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: what did you have for dinner?
« Reply #550 on: June 28, 2016, 09:07:12 PM »
Onkilicious.....I like that. :thumbsup:    Sounded GOOD, too! :drool:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #551 on: June 28, 2016, 09:13:54 PM »
It made my belly smile :)
OINK!

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #552 on: June 28, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »
Tomato sandwiches---sliced beefsteak tomato, white bread, mayo (Duke's, of course!), salt and pepper.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #553 on: June 28, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »
That sounds great Anubis1335. 

Tonight we had, in honor of a long passed Chihuahua named Willie, macaroni and cheese with peas and buffalo hamburger mixed in.  We also had grilled french bread with garlic salt and butter.  Strawberries for dessert.

Willie loved macaroni and cheese with pea balls.  He would become Cujo when we fixed it for him and then tried to take the dish away before he was done.  That little dog has been gone over twenty years but we still talk about him and share this meal in his honor once in awhile.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #554 on: June 29, 2016, 08:21:04 AM »
That sounds great Anubis1335. 

Tonight we had, in honor of a long passed Chihuahua named Willie, macaroni and cheese with peas and buffalo hamburger mixed in.  We also had grilled french bread with garlic salt and butter.  Strawberries for dessert.

Willie loved macaroni and cheese with pea balls.  He would become Cujo when we fixed it for him and then tried to take the dish away before he was done.  That little dog has been gone over twenty years but we still talk about him and share this meal in his honor once in awhile.

Was yummy!

Yall are great furbaby parents!  I do love me some mac n cheese w/ hamburger in it!  Willie had great taste!
OINK!

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #555 on: June 29, 2016, 08:32:05 AM »
Ugh...photobucket is so insufferable these days.  Anyway.... here is what i grilled for Fathers Day

NY Strip, chicken legs, grilled shrooms, onions, bell peppers, and basmati.  Was definitely delicious!
OINK!

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #556 on: June 29, 2016, 08:58:56 AM »
 :drool: :thumbsup:

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #557 on: July 12, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »
Lil Bushy Bfast for DinDin

Bannock
Jerky
Canteen Cup Coffee
USGI Mess Kit Flatware
USGI Canteen Cup

Bannock was indeed cooked in piglet drippings.  OINK
OINK!

Offline NewEnglandBushcraft

• Whetstone +
« Reply #558 on: July 12, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »
Gluten-free peach pie baked in me deep cast iron skillet....

Crust made from buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, oatmeal, 3 medium eggs, honey, water, olive oil, and some cinnamon and nutmeg. The filling was made from locally farmed peaches that I purchased near Caledonia, MO. They are smaller than the commercial stuff at most stores, but they turned out to be delightfully sweet and juicy. All I did was slice them up into small chunks, squish them in a bowl, and then I added some honey and a sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg. In the oven for 1 hr at 325 F.

The pie was large enough for 2-3 people, so I offered a slice to a Forest Service timber marker who was temporarily sharing my accommodations. We both agreed that it was the best peach pie either of us had ever tasted. And the house smelled sooooooooooooooo wonderful :D
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." ~ Abraham Lincoln
My blog, https://newenglandbushcraft.wordpress.com/

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #559 on: July 12, 2016, 02:18:43 PM »
Can't hardly beat a peach pie! :drool: :thumbsup:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #560 on: July 13, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »
Here is what we had for dinner tonight.  A venison roast that I smoked today.  Came out pretty well considering that I am the cook.  Nice and juicy and pink inside.  Took it to 145 degrees and the last hour was in aluminum foil.  The bacon made a good addition to it.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #561 on: July 13, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »
DAMN! :drool: ..........any leftovers? :shrug:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #562 on: July 13, 2016, 08:58:12 PM »
Just the memories of the hunt.   ;D
(Mark Twain)

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #563 on: July 20, 2016, 08:24:32 AM »
Homemade fried rice and Asian style bbq pork chops.  om nom nom

PS:
Yes, there is bacon in the rice...cuz im a lil piglet
OINK!

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
« Reply #564 on: September 09, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »
Chili rellenos, a cheese enchilada both covered with green chili sauce, beans and fried potatoes, sopapillas, and really great mojitos to wash it all down. Sadies is hands down the best new Mexican food in the Albuquerque. I took the proactive beano however I am beginning to think this is going to be a four alarm event, I might be asked to sleep outside :rofl: 
Nice matters

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #565 on: September 09, 2016, 08:42:17 PM »
I miss great Mexican food like I can get in Denver on Federal Blvd.  Yours sounds great.l
(Mark Twain)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #566 on: September 09, 2016, 08:43:35 PM »
Looks good Annubis. 

Tonight we had Pizza at Luigi's east of Belle Fourche.  Great place to eat and have a beer.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
« Reply #567 on: September 11, 2016, 05:28:10 AM »
Can't hardly beat a peach pie! :drool: :thumbsup:

Two peach pies might. Lol. Love me peach pie. Good job
Nice matters

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #568 on: September 26, 2016, 07:18:46 PM »
Pork tenderloin, sweet tater, brussel sprouts. Home run

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #569 on: September 29, 2016, 09:41:27 AM »
Chili rellenos, a cheese enchilada both covered with green chili sauce, beans and fried potatoes, sopapillas, and really great mojitos to wash it all down. Sadies is hands down the best new Mexican food in the Albuquerque. I took the proactive beano however I am beginning to think this is going to be a four alarm event, I might be asked to sleep outside :rofl:

Sadies is amazing.  But i LOVE Los Cuates!  And ill be getting my piggy fill of it in just a few days!  YES!
OINK!

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
« Reply #570 on: September 29, 2016, 10:13:13 AM »

Sadies is amazing.  But i LOVE Los Cuates!  And ill be getting my piggy fill of it in just a few days!  YES!

Los cuates, really, los cuates, I am shocked. Communism, blasphemy I say. Just kidding, los cuates is very good. You need to try the rellenos burrito from Garcia's.

If you are ever in Albuquerque I will drop off you, my mom, my girlfriend, and my brother at los cuates and will pick you guys up after eating at Sadie's. Lol.
Nice matters

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #571 on: September 29, 2016, 02:51:28 PM »

Los cuates, really, los cuates, I am shocked. Communism, blasphemy I say. Just kidding, los cuates is very good. You need to try the rellenos burrito from Garcia's.

If you are ever in Albuquerque I will drop off you, my mom, my girlfriend, and my brother at los cuates and will pick you guys up after eating at Sadie's. Lol.

Had said burrito.  I used to live in the ABQ.  Headed out to the Balloon Fiesta.  Leaving OK saturday in the am.  Should be in querque around dinner time.  I just read you are buying my dinner at cuates.  LOL :)
OINK!

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #572 on: September 29, 2016, 02:52:46 PM »
Just let me make sure we understand i am not talking about the Cuates at Lomas and San Pedro(Ish).  I used to work at that smiths in the pharmacy.  That place scared lil ol me.  ILl be dining in Rio Rancho
OINK!

Offline Orbean

• Whetstone +
« Reply #573 on: September 29, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »
Just let me make sure we understand i am not talking about the Cuates at Lomas and San Pedro(Ish).  I used to work at that smiths in the pharmacy.  That place scared lil ol me.  ILl be dining in Rio Rancho

I did not know there was a los cuates in Rio rancho, I do remember for a long time there were two los cuates, basically across Lomas from each other, the hole in the wall on the south side of the street and the nicer one on the north side next to Monroe street. Pm me your phone and if available it would be my honor to buy a fellow bushlore brother a new Mexican meal. Even if it is at los cuates, lol. As far as the smiths grocery store goes there are some real weird people in that area.

Pm sent
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:17:37 PM by Orbean »
Nice matters

Offline Anubis1335

• Whetstone +
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »

I did not know there was a los cuates in Rio rancho, I do remember for a long time there were two los cuates, basically across Lomas from each other, the hole in the wall on the south side of the street and the nicer one on the north side next to Monroe street. Pm me your phone and if available it would be my honor to buy a fellow bushlore brother a new Mexican meal. Even if it is at los cuates, lol. As far as the smiths grocery store goes there are some real weird people in that area.

Pm sent

I hit ya back with a pm.  Yeah the LC has been there for a few years now.  ABQ has changed sooo much since i lived there.  Especially going north on Coors...wowza. 
OINK!

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #575 on: October 01, 2016, 06:16:49 PM »
Some Roger Woods sausage and some beef ribs cut from a standing rib roast were the main players tonight.  First time I've cooked on the old cauldron in a while.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #576 on: October 02, 2016, 08:02:57 PM »
Looks good and what a nice set up.   :thumbsup:
(Mark Twain)

Offline 1066vik

• Whetstone +
« Reply #577 on: October 03, 2016, 06:03:35 PM »
bacon bomb

bratwurst wrapped in sausage wrapped in a
layer of thin cut salami wrapped in more italian sausage wrapped in a
layer of "thck cut" bacon - then crusted it with shaved parmesan cheese

Offline upthecreek

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
    • my youtube
« Reply #578 on: October 03, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »
bacon bomb

bratwurst wrapped in sausage wrapped in a
layer of thin cut salami wrapped in more italian sausage wrapped in a
layer of "thck cut" bacon - then crusted it with shaved parmesan cheese

:hail:

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #579 on: January 04, 2017, 08:18:59 PM »
I put this in the topic, "What's for Supper?" .
since I couldn't find this one right away. After a bit of searching I found this one again, so there is a duplicate in the other topic...  Maybe a merge is in order?

Anyway...

Chuck roast made in the pressure cooker, came out fine. Mashed potatoes & Brown Mushroom gravy made from the drippings. Carrots & wedge cut potatoes with onions as a side, even though I did the mashed taters. Put the meat on some buttered bread slices with the other stuff to the side & smothered in the brown mushroom gravy, just like a "Beef Commercial" plate from the old days...
:thumbsup:

A good oldtime type meal I have not made in a long time... Worth the mention, IMO.
;)

MMmmm good!

:)
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #580 on: April 20, 2017, 10:59:58 AM »
Bear sausage chili.   We all came away from our last camp with a little something.  Knives, meat, leftovers. camp kitchens...  Bear sausage courtesy of Spyder1958.  Thanks brother.  It's soooo good!

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline upthecreek

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
    • my youtube
« Reply #581 on: April 20, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »
That does look good Tony. We had some sea bass and an ear of corn off the grill and a small salad. I didn't take a pic.  :cheers:

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #582 on: April 22, 2017, 06:40:17 PM »
beef hotdogs, mac &cheese and a LURP ration
oriental-style
spicy chicken&vegetables&rice.

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #583 on: April 22, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »
Just got home from visiting my brother in the hospital, so it was two slices of homemade sourdough bread, some ham leftover from Easter with Jarlsberg cheese on top.....popped into the microwave and in 26 seconds it was supper.   Two fresh-baked molasses cookies from the cookie jar and a glass of cold milk for dessert.

Good 'nuff for tonight. :shrug:

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #584 on: May 11, 2017, 03:13:23 PM »
I haven't smoked anything for a while, but today I put 2 racks of St. Louis cut pork ribs in the smoker and I am doing the 3-2-1 method. Smoke 3 hours, then take them out, baste and foil wrap for 2 hours, then take the foil off and baste and smoke for 1 more hour to firm them up.

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #585 on: May 11, 2017, 05:33:34 PM »
Sounds GOOD.......we will have pictures, I hope! ???

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #586 on: May 11, 2017, 08:53:21 PM »
I will try that next time we fire up the smoker.  (which means we plug it in)
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »
Shrimp Etouffee.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #588 on: May 14, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »
Hope that tastes better than it looks.  The rice looks good though.   :-X  Please don't take it personally.  I have been sick and it reminded me of something.
(Mark Twain)

Online wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #589 on: May 14, 2017, 12:09:49 PM »
Disregard any disparaging remarks from curmudgeonly old South Dakotans and take a well-deserved compliment on a nicely-plated and very appealing looking dish!  Chef DeRoy would give it a  :thumbsup: and I would give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   I LOVE shrimp etouffee! :drool:

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #590 on: May 14, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
LOL.  No offense taken. 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #591 on: May 15, 2017, 08:10:54 AM »
Here's another gross lookin' delicious mystery plate for those north of the Mason Dixon line and west of the Mississippi.

Sausage and gravy bisquits.

Yeah yeah I know.  It was breakfast.  Sue me.

Hunter S, Thompson

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #592 on: May 15, 2017, 10:55:31 AM »
I had breakfast for supper last night, too.  Bacon, eggs, grits, and toast.  I doubt folks want to see a pic of my over easy eggs all chopped up in my grits so I didn't take one.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #593 on: May 20, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »
Fresh Conch peas on rice and summer squash casserole.  I love summer eatin'.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #594 on: May 20, 2017, 07:50:15 PM »
Mashed potatoes with chicken cut up and mixed in gravy.  Tomatoes on the side.  A chocolate chip cookie and Nutella for dessert. 

Tomorrow I might go buy new and somewhat larger pants.
(Mark Twain)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #595 on: June 04, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
well tonight it's carribean,
lechon( roast pork)
black beans
rice
mangoe/pineapple for friut.

Offline Trekster

• Whetstone +
  • Antiquated Youngling
    • Berserker's Bushcraft
« Reply #596 on: June 08, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »
Today I'll be finishing up this giant frittata I made yesterday AM. No pic but it's great and both my folks said it was really tasty.

Recipe:

Cast iron deep dish pan
Butter and sauteed onions, yellow pepper and cauliflower.
A spoonful of ground garlic
Five portions of broken up and fried Philly style cheese steak beef slices
Seven to eight eggs whipped with a fork, no milk. Pour over mess in bottom of pan
Sea salt, ground black pepper and dill weed sprinkled on egg layer
Cheddar cheese layer topped with sprinkle cheese (Romano or Parmesan etc)

Broil in oven for two minutes
Cut like a pie and eat with great relish and respect for the incredible, edible egg.

May add hot snauce or ketchup (catsup) if desired
"Nancy, you're me darlin, I loves ye all to bits! I'll climb up to your chamber, and under your mountainous...."

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #597 on: June 09, 2017, 06:13:14 AM »
Baby spinach salad with chicken, carrots, tomatoes, egg, cheddar, cukes, and Italian dressing.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #598 on: June 14, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »
where i live Dinner is called Lunch ok. supper is the evening meal.
and never order grits in the south and ask for jelly or ketchup for your grits.
i hear in kentucky it's a felony.

so any how i'm  having
bbq pork ribs
cole slaw
rice
friut for SUPPER

Offline Trekster

• Whetstone +
  • Antiquated Youngling
    • Berserker's Bushcraft
« Reply #599 on: June 16, 2017, 04:18:46 PM »
I was craving biscuits and gravy lately and managed to locate the only diner that does it right.

It was amazing.
PMZ
"Nancy, you're me darlin, I loves ye all to bits! I'll climb up to your chamber, and under your mountainous...."