Author Topic: 6 Days in the Oak Hammocks at the Beach  (Read 208 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
6 Days in the Oak Hammocks at the Beach
« on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:23 AM »
Kelly and I headed out to Little Talbot Island for her spring break.  It was a very nice quiet camp especially considering Spring Break AND Bike Week.

Resurrection fern on Oak.

Kelly and Max braving a cool morning on the beach.

On a town run we ran into this arrogant FL bird.

My dog.
Best dog.

Dang.  Had to walk a little for access.

Crashdive came over for an afternoon visit and brought Mrs. Crash over a few days later.  Hiked and ate.  Good times.

Hang on.  Computer problems.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:14:11 AM by madmax »
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
Re: 6 Days in the Oak Hammocks at the Beach
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »

On a town run we ran into this arrogant FL bird.

^This arrogant looking one^                   ^or the one on top of the vehicle?^    LOL
 ;)

Looks like a great place in the rest of the pics. I always enjoyed camping near the ocean. Or, any moving water source. Lakeshore, branch/crick/stream/river. No ponds or marshes though. Water that moves a bit. Less skeeters & such + less smell. Like "lowcountry" smell. Particularly on a hot day. Nope, give me a nice breeze & some water sounds or light rain & I feel relaxed.

Bet you do too.
 ;)

Hope ya get your computer fixed! I am enjoying the pics.
 :)
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »
Perfect weather.  Glad we had a chance to visit.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
Neat pics Max, looks like a great time.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 10:22:06 PM »
That's a great 'portrait' photo of Max.....hold on to that one! :)
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:53:08 AM »
wish I had come up, but it was too dang cold at night, and such a long drive.  Looks like you and Kelly had fun, and of course seeing Dave and Lou was a bonus. 

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 07:11:15 AM »
wish I had come up, but it was too dang cold at night, and such a long drive.  Looks like you and Kelly had fun, and of course seeing Dave and Lou was a bonus.

We had one real Blue Bird Day at the beach.  The rest were pretty stiff.  Mornings were pretty nippish.  I had to roll out of bed and walk real slow and careful until all my joints got lubed up.  LOL.  Of course Kelly got coffee in bed (sleeping bag).  We burned a ton of expensive firewood.  Dave really helped out bringing a nice bit with him.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline lowcard1

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »
I wish I would have known you were out there we would have stopped by and seen you. Looks like you had relaxing time it really is nice over there.