Author Topic: knives for tree ordiments  (Read 462 times)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
knives for tree ordiments
« on: December 24, 2017, 04:57:12 AM »
it's really a idea i had some time ago, but what are your thoughts on folders as tree ordiments?
i have a few folders i am going to put on the tree.
and will post a photo if i can to show. merry christmas.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: knives for tree ordiments
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:21:31 AM »
I would rather have a knife in my Christmas stocking on first thought.  There is no problem with what you hang in a Christmas tree but ........... doesn't work for me.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »
I suppose people hang all kinds of offbeat things on their Christmas trees......me included. :P    In my case it happens to be shooting medals that I've won in competitions over the years.   I never knew what to do with them after I won them. :shrug:    They are quite attractive silver and gold medals suspended from colorful, pin-backed, striped or solid color grosgrained ribbons, but what do you do with them?  I'm not vain enough to wear them to shoots and brag on past accomplishments and they look kind of silly pinned to the bibs of my everyday overalls. :lol:

One year, Heather got the idea of hanging a few of them on the Christmas tree when she was decorating it with some of our most treasured old ornaments.  I thought that was a tremendous idea because they are not only 'glittery' and decorative, but they bring back memories of when I used to almost always place in the top echelon of the competitors at regional competitions.  That's all in the past now.....my eyes, joints and hearing are all shot, so seeing those medals on the tree every year brings back memories of my better days. :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
I think that's nice wolfy heck you earned them why noy enjoy them as well.
instead of hiding your fire under a basket so to speak.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »
From Hayshaker:

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 04:49:43 PM »
Kelly let me do a fishing lure tree one year.  But I think she might not go for knives.  lol
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
I put that hayshaker Tracker in there for MOE, also added some ferro rods and a few pieces of fatwood.

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 06:39:32 AM »
Nice work. I really like the spark stick idea.
I think this idea might work well with SAK's and Peanuts, and Old Timer and Schrade pen knives.
I'll never know though. My son and I divide our labour when it comes to the tree: I drive, he picks, cuts and hauls the tree. I secure it to the roof racks. He and I both put up the tree and I do the lights. At that point, he does all the decorations because he has some artistic gifts, and as he points out, "Dad, your colourblind." 
"Learning: a continuation of the failure process"