Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS?  (Read 14705 times)

Offline trentu

• Whetstone +
Re: WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS?
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2013, 06:18:04 AM »
Stainless PT92C
3 mags for it.
Mag loader
Go Pro
Play doh
Shooting muffs
Cologne
:)

play doh and cologne?   :-\

I know right!?! The play doh was to remind me of when I was a kid. I guess the cologne because she thinks I'm stinky. :)
Act or be Acted Upon!

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »
Did pretty good, for a down year financially. 
Lets see, cash is always  a good thing, and several gifts were cash.  I got a new orange handle Zancudo, and a blue  Spyderco  Manix 2, with the new BD-1 steel. 
Got a Bluetooth speaker for my iPad Mini, lots of neat stocking stuffer gifts, and a very nice gift certificate to REI.  :)
Was given a Surefire light, 500/15 lumens.  Can't wait to try that one out at the upcoming Krac trip. 

Offline Woods Bexar

• Whetstone +
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27:34 AM »
A good friend of mine sent me a package with a cool lil grill made from an Ikea trivet and a waxed canvas pouch to carry it in. I got a chance to put it to use today and it worked great.

Galatians 2:20

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
That should work pretty well WB.  I like the size of the grill.  Nice pot/big cup too.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2017, 06:00:34 PM »
Judging from how quiet it's been around here for the past couple of days, everyone must be out either sliding downhill on their new Flexible Flyers or knocking icicles off the eves with their new 500 shot Red Ryder Carbines. :shrug:    So what did Santa leave under the tree for you this year? :choptree:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2017, 07:46:53 PM »
I got a sense of satisfaction from giving this year.  I wanted nothing material and that is what I got.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »
The wife and I got nothing from, or for, each other this year.  Neither of us want or need anything.  The boys won't be here until the 2nd of Jan so even though we've told them not to get us anything we know they will.  Just have to wait and see what it might be.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »
The kids pitched in and got me an iPad, so I can get back online again!!!  My old laptop bit the dust a ways back, but I could still get in from time to time and peek at a few threads before it locked up. I was just being stingy- I should have replaced it a couple years ago but....

Kathy got me a pair of lined Duluth work pants!  I?m so thankful, they will be really handy when we go back to work with the weather dropping the way it did!

Glad to be back here again and I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Offline John Van Gelder

• Water Stone
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2018, 07:36:57 AM »
I got a new desert camo boonie hat..

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2018, 10:56:41 AM »
I got two books, both of which are REALLY nice, but also quite expensive. ???   I am VERY lucky to have a loving wife who indulges a bibliophile husband, which is the greatest gift of all! :banana:

The first limited edition book is published by The Omaha World Herald.  It is a large-format treatise based on the exploration, history and attractions of each of NEBRASKA'S 93 Counties.  Very well done and several years in the making, it should come in very handy for future explorations of our favorite state. :) :)

The BIG gift book I received is a registered to me & numbered (336/1000), copy of 'Provisions' Volume 6 in The Encyclopedia of Trade Goods series from THE MUSEUM OF THE FUR TRADE.  Written, remarqued and autographed by my good friend, highly respected scholar and authority on the fur trade, Dr. James A. Hanson.  I now own the first three of the non-sequentially numbered volumes of the set....the first one published was on the 'Firearms' of the era, the second one on the 'Textiles' and this one on 'Provisions.'   Cold Nebraska winters are tailor made for indulging myself in reading and studying fine books like these two!

I'll see you all next April! :tent:

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
My son got me this.  He knew I didn't have one.  It's a Kelly.  I'll have to rehandle it.  The haft has a split in it that comes out about 6 inches down from the head, but otherwise it's in excellent condition.

The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2018, 12:34:46 PM »
You have a thoughtful son.  Nice gift.
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »
Now, you can not only get that pile of firewood split, but you can also indulge your childhood dream of becoming a fireman or even a Viking! >:D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:55:48 PM by wolfy »

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 07:22:18 AM »
Happy New Year everyone. I've been away visiting family so missed this till I got back.
My son gave me the book "When the Earth Was Flat: What We Got Wrong with Science" and a few pairs of thermal socks which have been appreciated during the cold snap this week.
My GF gave me a Drysack cooler bag. It can be used as a regular dry bag or insert the foam lining and it's a cooler. I like it.
Santa put a UST Flexware Bowl 1.0 in my and my GF's stockings (he put a 2.0 in my son's).
My sister gave me a variety of books and a really cool satchel from Hudson Bay Company.
This Christmas my son graduated from toys to older gifts: among other things, he got a -12C Woods sleeping bag and his first fixed blade knife - a Mora Basic 511.
"Learning: a continuation of the failure process"

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 08:20:47 AM »
Great gifts Yeoman and especially to share your hobby with your son.   :thumbsup:
(Mark Twain)

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 08:31:00 AM »
Great gifts Yeoman and especially to share your hobby with your son.   :thumbsup:
Thanks Stan,
I'm lucky in that he really enjoys hiking, camping and canoeing. He's active with Scouts and it was because of their upcoming winter camps I got him his own cold weather bag since I might be going with them and will need mine for myself. Even though his Troop doesn't allow fixed blade knives, I knew he'd be tickled to have his own Mora for when we're out together.

Offline justbill

• Mill File
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2018, 04:28:35 PM »
Does influenza B count?

And a week with my best friend and her dogs!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2018, 06:11:31 PM »
Of course it counts.  Gifts you can share with others are very important.   :'(
(Mark Twain)

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2018, 07:40:07 PM »
All the family from out of state ended up in South Dakota for a delayed Christmas. Nice to get all the immediate family together, it doesn't happen very often. My son in law got a new MIG welder this past summer, so I came home with a heavy duty shop built wood stove just the right size for my shop. All 1/8 inch except for the top and the door. They're 1/4 inch. She's a heavy one. Haven't fired it yet, we just got back. Also got a little Tullamore Dew to contemplate life with in front of that new stove. Best wishes for all.

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2018, 06:21:46 AM »
[...] Also got a little Tullamore Dew to contemplate life with in front of that new stove.
Tullamore is the only place I know where the Dew falls heavier in the long winter nights than it does in the summer.  ;)