Author Topic: AWOL  (Read 608 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
AWOL
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »
Sorry iv'e been gone awhile now...just took a break to get some things done my missus has been after me about! ???
anywho...here are a couple vids...not much, just some day hikes.
this'll let you kinda know what ol woods is been up to...thanks to you guys who were askin after me...atb...woods

'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
Re: AWOL
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 06:21:51 AM »
Good to see you back woods.  Always enjoy your reports and am envious of your wide open playground.  Glad you are getting out there and sharing it.  The rucks and blades looked pretty good too as usual.  Thanks for posting buddy! 
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
Howdy OE....thanks amigo...appreciate that!...atb...woods

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
The last few weeks I have wondered , from time to time, what you were up to.  It is good to have news of your activities and you should know that a lot of us on this forum missed you the last couple of months.   :thumbsup:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »
Thanks Stan...sorry about that brother...i'll try and be more active on BNB in the future...best forum on the net as far as i can tell :)...atb...woods

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »
good to see you are still above ground!   :)

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 08:47:51 PM »
good to see you are still above ground!   :)
LOL...long as the good Lord allows amigo! ;)...woods

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »
I haven't had a chance to watch the videos yet, but I'm really looking forward to them. :thumbsup:

Good to hear from you, Dave.....glad you're back! :cheers:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 09:50:31 PM »
I hope you enjoy them brother Craig...you know i can't stay away for to awful long...what with you n OL P ganging up on my good friend Moe...someones gotta stand for truth...enter...yup! 8)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 11:06:30 AM »
Well, I finally got a chance to watch all three videos with no interruptions this morning.  :)    Very entertaining, as always.....I absolutely loved the snowshoe trip! :thumbsup:   I never owned a pair of 'shoes, so I don't know much about them, other than what I've read.....what kind/brand were you wearing in the video and why did you select them?

I got a chuckle out of 'Chef Dave' stirring up that sumptuous lunch of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, too!  :drool:    You know me well enough by now and as you may guess.....I have an interesting piece of 'wolfy' trivia to add. :rolleyes:   You might even be able to amaze SuperDave with it around the campfire on your upcoming trip.  :shrug:   FACT: every single can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup contains exactly 216 noodles which, if laid end-to-end, would measure 32 feet in length and if any can varies by even a SINGLE noodle, it is rejected! 8)
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
Well, I finally got a chance to watch all three videos with no interruptions this morning.  :)    Very entertaining, as always.....I absolutely loved the snowshoe trip! :thumbsup:   I never owned a pair of 'shoes, so I don't know much about them, other than what I've read.....what kind/brand were you wearing in the video and why did you select them?

I got a chuckle out of 'Chef Dave' stirring up that sumptuous lunch of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, too!  :drool:    You know me well enough by now and as you may guess.....I have an interesting piece of 'wolfy' trivia to add. :rolleyes:   You might even be able to amaze SuperDave with it around the campfire on your upcoming trip.  :shrug:  FACT: every single can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup contains exactly 216 noodles which, if laid end-to-end, would measure 32 feet in length and if any can varies by even a SINGLE noodle, it is rejected! 8)
[/b]LMAO ???.... :lol: :lol: :hail: :cheers:...iv'e got to write that down...thats killer...if i know super Dave...he will be testing that one out...he is not like normal people...He's an Engineer :P ;)
My Snowshoes are Atlas 1230 Mountain snowshoes...they are equipped with Heel Lifts that make ascending steep terrain easier...this is their largest pair for optimal flotation.
I also have a traditional pair of Michigans made from wood and Babish webbing...much better flotation, but they suck on steep terrain.
Thanks for watching and for the laugh amigo!!!...dave