Author Topic: My wife actually asked me to get her a pocket knife!  (Read 167 times)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
My wife actually asked me to get her a pocket knife!
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:41:53 AM »
talk about stunned!   Not long ago, she asked me, out of the blue, to find her a decent pocket knife.   Something she could easily carry in one of her designer purses, and to be used for those million and one things we already know you need a knife for.
Using her credit card,  I ordered a Benchmade Mini Grip.  she liked the blade lock release mechanism over the other knives she handled.   Black handle, matte finish blade.  She likes the little nylon slip case that it comes with.   Happy me, happy wife, and maybe, just maybe, some slack down the road for when I need another.   Probably not.   lol

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
Re: My wife actually asked me to get her a pocket knife!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:42:50 AM »
Very nice.

I got my wife a swiss army knife. I borrow it quite often. It's sharper than mine :-\
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »
The more she uses it, the better she'll like it, too!  Great gift idea, Mannlicher! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

During the engagement period, most guys give flowers, jewelry and other doodads that appeal to the fairer-of-the-species,' but when I saw that Heather was having difficulties unpacking all the boxes of training materials that she had to use in her job every week, I got her a Victorinox Swiss Army knife.   To this day, she tells people it was her 'engagement present,' but it must have been a good idea because she says she uses it every single day.......and when she does, she says she always thinks of ME! O:-)

Awwww!
 :-* :-*
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Online Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:51:42 PM »
Nice little knife!

I got my wife a new hammer for her birthday.  Every time she whacks something with it, she thinks of me.  :-\
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »
My 50Th Anniversary is later this year and I am thinking about buying my wife something she could use instead of something she might wear.  Think a new vacuum cleaner might do the trick?

Me neither.

Nice knife Mannlicher, I was looking at them in Cabela's earlier today.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Online Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
My 50Th Anniversary is later this year and I am thinking about buying my wife something she could use instead of something she might wear.  Think a new vacuum cleaner might do the trick?

Me neither.

People these days insist on equality between the sexes.  But there is ONE very distinct difference between men and women:

Give a woman something practical that she will use every day (like a vacuum cleaner, new fry pan, high-tech floor mop, etc.) and you will be in the dog house for a week, because the 'gift' represents some chore for her to do.

Buy a man a new tool...especially a power tool...and you have earned his undying affection for months to come, and he will probably head straight to his shop/garage to build something.  :duel:
The more I understand, the less I know. Pretty soon I'll understand everything, and know nothing.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 05:09:25 AM »
well, this knife was not a gift.  She asked for it, she picked it out, she paid for it.  I just ordered it.   As far as I can tell, she is pleased with the knife, and has used it several times, carries it daily.

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 10:48:54 AM »
I got my wife a simple SAK 30 years ago.  She carried it for most of that time and then decided she did not use it enough to justify keeping it in her purse and gave it back to me.  I told her if I knew she would eventually give it back, I would have given her a lot nicer knife.  And that explains at least one of my many scars.
I guess he'd rather be in Colorado.
-John Denver

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 10:56:49 AM »
 :duel:  :rofl: :rofl: :hail:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrea.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Unknown

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:02 AM »

Me neither.

People these days insist on equality between the sexes.  But there is ONE very distinct difference between men and women:

Give a woman something practical that she will use every day (like a vacuum cleaner, new fry pan, high-tech floor mop, etc.) and you will be in the dog house for a week, because the 'gift' represents some chore for her to do.

Buy a man a new tool...especially a power tool...and you have earned his undying affection for months to come, and he will probably head straight to his shop/garage to build something.  :duel:

True for the most part and genuinely interesting.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 07:34:12 PM »
That's a good looking blade the misses picked out Sam. Never owned a Benchmade.
Out of the blue, Cindie ask me a few years back for a knife to carry. It caught me off guard at first. I went to my hobby room and picked out a Kershaw Blur  Sandvik 14C28N stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC coating. She loves it and uses at the office. I just check the edge and its held up real well, just needs stropped. Our ladies will surprise you now and again.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Online imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 09:09:57 PM »
Liz has a Mini Grip sitting on her desk.  Mostly uses it to open mail.   
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.